Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

i can't freakin WAIT to get my hands on this bad boy. early xmas gift ... BlackBerry Bold forum

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

i can't freakin WAIT to get my hands on this bad boy. early xmas gift for myself. These reviews are just making me more & more anxious to get one. I already love the keyboard on my 8800 so i couldnt imagine a better keyboard...so i can't wait. Not to mention my phone doesn't have a camera. Bummer. Looking forward to this!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    That's interesting.. What's the reasoning?? Do they think its just ugly?
    Personal preference, style, local customs, whatever. I live in the USA and I hate wearing a phone especially a huge phone like my Bold on my belt. I won't and don't do it... period.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    same here i hate holsters you just look like batman haha.
    but then again i am from Europe and only been in NAM for 3 years now.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ so, what is the keypad like? I mean, yes it's "squishy" and "wonderful", but can anyone give some substantial feedback on what makes this keyboard so great?

Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ so, what is the keypad like? I mean, yes it's "squishy" and "wonderful", but can anyone give some substantial feedback on what makes this keyboard so great?
    Great question! Now that I've had my Bold for a couple of days I can comment on the keyboard from my perspective.
    Earlier I called it wonderful, since it's the same basic design as the 88xx series, but better than the 88xx keyboard. I have made numerous posts asking others about it prior to trying one out for myself, as I do not like the 88xx keyboard, so in that context its better. I can use it comfortably even if, as others have reported it's soft or "squishy". It does not offer the positive tactile experience of other BlackBerry keyboards. As a result I find it much slower.
    It all depend on your needs & prederences. For casual keyboard use its great. For me it simply does not offer enough precision & speed. I'm looking forward to purchasing the new Curve 89xx with 3G. The only drawback is that RIM will not bring it to market till summer. The first generation 8900 will be EDGE, which is a very bad decision om RIM's part in my opinion. I have had another brand of 3G smartphone running on AT&Ts netowrk for an entire year, when I would have rather it be a BlackBerry.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I must admit, this is one sweet BlackBerry. Personally I'm really enjoying the size. While the dimensions are the same as my 8820 it's all about shape. The rounded corners, the shape of the back and front panels, as well as the sides make it a real pleasure to hold. The extra size (over the Curve 8310 I was using) I find advantageous. The shape is such that I am more comfortable holding it for long periods of time. While I do not know about the rest of you, I rarely ever put mine down....
    I'm looking forward to getting to an AT&T store on my days off to check the Bold out. It's about time.
    BTW.......... I know exactly what you mean about rarely ever putting my Iphone down.

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks archer for your feedback well, I didn't like the 88xx series, but than again, I didn't dislike it too much either. I think that I'll get used to the keypad. I just can't wait to get my Bold

Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks archer for your feedback well, I didn't like the 88xx series, but than again, I didn't dislike it too much either. I think that I'll get used to the keypad. I just can't wait to get my Bold
    I agree, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    After all its really just a matter of each of us having our preferences. In my opinion that's one of the great advantages of the BlackBerry platform is RIM gives us several models to choose from. Plus you will notice that I never claim any model is "the best" as I believe only each user can choose what's best for them. And its what motivates me to be as neutral as possible in my reporting & feedback. I am fortunate enough to be able to buy many BlackBerrys, so I try & pass on my experience so that hopefully others will benefit from it.
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Praise

I simply cannot say enough good things about the keyboard....
    This is high praise from someone who a few days ago hated the keyboard.

The is definitely the best BlackBerry thus far. I only have three complaints

1. The unit is hard to keep clean, especially from the oils on your face
    2. The two convience buttons (Camera and Voice Dialing) get pushed too easily.
    3. Battery Life sucks, but it is getting better.

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post

The is definitely the best BlackBerry thus far. I only have three complaints

Have you tried updating your OS? Perhaps that will help with battery issues.
    1. The unit is hard to keep clean, especially from the oils on your face
    2. The two convience buttons (Camera and Voice Dialing) get pushed too easily.
    3. Battery Life sucks, but it is getting better.

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    I am fortunate enough to be able to buy many BlackBerrys...
    Well at least one of us is able to

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I updated my original OS to the latest .168 The battery is definitely better. If I am lucky I can make it thru the day and still have 10%

The original firmware killed the battery, a full charge in the morning with my normal use, I would need to recharge by 2 pm. I am a heavy user. I am not even browsing. Just email and phone.

But I would still like more battery. A least a day's worth. I got that much out of my Curve

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah .168 brings the stability of 162 and the free memory of 167 its a good one

joeybuckets123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This phone is amazing to say the least,go for it!!!!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I simply cannot say enough good things about the keyboard....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    For clarification I need to put my earlier comment into context. I've never said I hated the keyboard. What I have said is that I disliked it on my 8820 and was very concerned since this appeared to be the same style (side by side keys, no spaces between keys,like the curve). Then after several Stackers assured me it would be fine, I bought the Bold. At that point I made the above comment, which compared to the 8820 is true.

However in the ensuing days of extensive testing, I've decided the Bold is not for me. WiFi does not connect reliably, or remain connected, browser is worse than on the 8310, and the display while nice is not enough to influence me to keep using the Bold. Battery life is terrible, but I use it a lot. Those that only use it a moderate amount will be fine. The camera is only average at best, video cam somewhat fuzzy, and a host of smaller issues, all of which are not acceptable in a "top of the line BB". However that said I have confidence that version 2.0 which will be the 9010, out in 5 months will be really great. Just like the 8300 to 8310 upgrades.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast