Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wow. Rice hmmm wouldn't thought of that. I would just put mine on top of ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

Advertisement

Wow. Rice hmmm wouldn't thought of that. I would just put mine on top of a heater or something lol. Well at least I know what to do if this ever happens.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    so why rice... why not oats or something? and who was the first person to think rice?
    i see RED...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Maybe the surface area is greater, and since rice is dehydrated it attracts the moisture.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    why not lentils, im just curious... who would initially think "whoa phone got dropped in liquid... let me wrap it up and put it in rice..."
    i see RED...

Makes you go "hmmmmmm"
    I dunno. Maybe rice has something in common with the silicone gel packs. Someone dropped theirs and went "wait, no packs"

Searching frantically....spaghetti...lentils....quaker oats...

Then high school or college chemistry kicked in and BOING! Rice!

Or just lack of lentils, oats and the person said "what the hell" and went for it.

Or....its a government conspiracy to sell more rice, helping to stimulate the ever important rice economy.

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well I may have the best answer for you but its just my opinion. KEEP YOU PRECIOUS BERRY AWAY FROM WATER!!! Of course I'm just kidding with the remark. Lol.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    lol... now the conspiracy theory really does make sense...
    i see RED...

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The rice works my sister dropped her pearl in the bathtub and she told me I took it from her took the battery memory card and sim out we didn't have plastic baggies so we. Put it in a plastic bowl put rice in the bowl. Then the pearl and covered the pearl with rice. The pearl seems to be working just fine.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    It is all about physics and water wanting to equalize in distribution. It does not need to be rice but is popular and found in most households. Heck just dry dirt would do as long as you protected the device by wraping it up.

Like another poster said, do not drop your device in water!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    It is all about physics and water wanting to equalize in distribution. It does not need to be rice but is popular and found in most households. Heck just dry dirt would do as long as you protected the device by wraping it up.

Like another poster said, do not drop your device in water!
    There's your answer red! Thanks greg, knew I should have taken physics. Of course taking and understanding are 2 different things.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    You guys crack me up. Why wouldn't one think rice? U make rice by cooking it in water, and the rice soaks up the water...lol. Jfcoolery, u never fail to make me laugh with ur innate ability to turn everythng.... Even rice ....into a conspiracy theory. Too bad we haven't heard back...sure would like to know how the berry is doing.

aces4me no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by colletteski View Post
    I'm going to cry! I dropped my bold in a sink full of clean water. I hurried and pulled it from it's case (it was in the standard leather holster) and the screen was flickering on and off, I quickly pulled the battery and have been letting it dry for about an hour. I tried to stick the battery in and the red light comes on, the keyboard comes on and the screen was still flickering so I pulled the battery again. I'm so freaked out! I LOVE my bold and I'm terrified it's ruined. Anyone ever done this?? I've NEVER dropped a cell phone in the water. Do you think it's trashed or will it be okay? I need some reassurance because I'm really freaking out!
    ~Ski
    Wrap the bold in some paper towels and place it with a bucket of brown rice or any beans. It will absorb moisture and pull any water out of the phone- may take up to 2 days. Then it should be back to normal.

crystalized no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    welcome to my world - i just did this for the FIRST time to my ONLY 5 MONTH OLD CURVE last Wed... so pissed!!! Got a new one on the way and $200 later... parting out the Curve now, cause even tho I got it to boot up, the trackball is gone, even after trying a replacement. I'm guessing something happened internally to fry the way it opperates. My phones been drying out for almost a week now and the trackball issue STILL doesn't work... so don't think dryin out the phone will fix it... It could have internal motherboard issues that have been ruined to do the water. That's what happened to mine.

TheJuggalo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I've worked in several cellphone stores and we always soaked them in rubbing alcohol for 30 mins and let them dry over night and they worked 90% of the time

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Soaked them in rubbing alcohol? Like, taking the phone apart and wiping down the inside of the phone,right? I know alcohol evaporates water, but surely it can't be good for the phone to be 'bathed in a bowl of alcohol' ....right?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast