Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by colletteski well I did go out and buy some rice and have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by colletteski View Post
    well I did go out and buy some rice and have it in it right now. I think I have done everything wrong. I put in the battery, I blow dried it, not to mention dropped it in the water in the 1st place. I hope it works, i'll leave it in the rice for a couple of days. I wrapped it in a lint free paper towel. I hope it works! I do feel like I should just commit myself already!
    I doubt you did any damage. Just leave it in the rice for a couple of days and see what happens. For future reference, probably the worst thing you did was put the battery back in, but in my experience BB's have been pretty resilient. Keep your fingers crossed, and don't jump the gun and try too soon.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    What they all said.. get rice or see if you have the little desiccant packets that come in packages and purses and other bags.

Trust me.. we are all feeling your pain right along with you. Its one of the berry addicts worst nightmares.
    Last edited by Morgase; 04-02-2009 at 01:19 AM.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

nbwitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, I don't feel so bad now. I think I was the first one to have a water damaged blackberry BOLD. I fell into my pool a couple of weeks ago as I was spot cleaning some of the steps. I fell in with my wallet, keys and my bold that I had for only 6 days. I immediately pulled the battery out of my phone and started trying to dry it. I left the phone outside in the sun for 8 or 9 hours and then brought it inside for some rice time. Sounds funny, but I believed it didn't hurt anything. I waited a total of 30 hours to put the battery back in, and it came back to life. Everything worked as expected, and even today it is still working (thank god, I love this phone).

The best thing to do is let it dry. When I pulled the phone out of my shorts pocket, the screen was working, but I didn't take any chances. Let it dry.

Check out my thread. I feel your pain...
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f339/bold_goes_for_a_swim-105019/

colletteski no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20D0BD61
    I read your thread this morning nbwitt I wondered what the outcome was! I am glad that yours is working! I think mine will be okay. I'm starting to relax but I am literally dying with out it. I have no idea what to do. I am afraid if I go home tonight I will put the battery back in I don't know if I can help it! I need to find something to do!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Remember, be patient. It hasn't even been a day. Give it until tomorrow night. Stay on Pinstack all night, that will keep you busy. At least you can talk about Blackberrys that way.

nbwitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Remember, be patient. It hasn't even been a day. Give it until tomorrow night. Stay on Pinstack all night, that will keep you busy. At least you can talk about Blackberrys that way.
    I agree. The hardest thing for me was to wait and let it dry. Let the rice do it's job, it's mother natures product, not a magic product. I kept thinking about putting the battery in, and decided against it. That was so hard to do, I kept busy doing yard work or playing with my daughter.

I would test it before you put the battery back in by keeping the back and battery off of it, put it in your hand and swing it as hard as you can toward something that would show moisture. A piece of paper, cardboard box or something, make sure there is no moisture. Oh yeah, hold on to it tight, hate to see it go flying across the room. I did this once after about 18 hours or so (I couldn't sleep) and it still had moisture in the phone. Take this suggestion with a grain of...rice .

Let us know what happens.

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well? Were you able to save your bold?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3
    You got to love rice, it feeds the hungry, rains at weddings and fixes blackberrys lol

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i'd let it dry out minimum one week. it took two full weeks for my curve to dry out. one week after the "toilet incident" there were still water spots on the screen. two weeks and it was good to go *whew* hope everything works out!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ok seriously... rice? never in a million years would i have thought of this...
    i see RED...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Toilet

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i'd let it dry out minimum one week. it took two full weeks for my curve to dry out. one week after the "toilet incident" there were still water spots on the screen. two weeks and it was good to go *whew* hope everything works out!
    How do you put a BlackBerry to your face after it has been in the toilet?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    um .. bc i keep my toilet clean? you can't seriously think that it had "something" in it ...

rickforwreaths no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Years ago I dropped my Flip phone into a bucket of latex paint. I very quickly pulled the battery and rinced all of the paint away with hot water. Then I let it dry on top of a warm stove for a couple of days. Then put it in a bag with dry rice for a week. The phone worked for a year until the speaker gave out So I upgraded.

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    all germs are dead in about 48hrs anyways, i woudlnt be to worried.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wish we would hear back. I'm afraid the lack of news prob isn't good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast