Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I'm going to cry! I dropped my bold in a sink full of clean water. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

colletteski no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20D0BD61

Thumbs down what to do?? dropped bold in water! :( :( :( :(

Advertisement

I'm going to cry! I dropped my bold in a sink full of clean water. I hurried and pulled it from it's case (it was in the standard leather holster) and the screen was flickering on and off, I quickly pulled the battery and have been letting it dry for about an hour. I tried to stick the battery in and the red light comes on, the keyboard comes on and the screen was still flickering so I pulled the battery again. I'm so freaked out! I LOVE my bold and I'm terrified it's ruined. Anyone ever done this?? I've NEVER dropped a cell phone in the water. Do you think it's trashed or will it be okay? I need some reassurance because I'm really freaking out!
    ~Ski

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Wrap it in a paper towel, and put in in a baggie full of rice. Leave it there for 3 days before you pull it out and put the battery in. The paper towel is to keep rice particles from getting in the Bold and rattling around after it dries. Don't panic yet. Get it in rice.

It should be okay, but definitely don't put the battery back in again yet.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Have rice? Put device in a plastic bag of rice. Leave batt out and let it dry for a few days.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You're going to need to leave the battery out for a couple of days to make sure it's completely dried out. If you have some white rice at home, wrap the device in a thin (preferably microfiber) cloth, put it in a plastic ziplock bag full of rice. This will absorb the moisture. You need to do this for at least 24 hours, preferably longer to ensure it's completely moisture free.

You can also try a warm (not hot) blowdryer for awhile to get the process started, but the bag of rice will help immensely.

Just have to patient. You don't want to put the battery back in too soon!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Nice work, fellas!

Hahaha, if that doesn't tell you that you came to the right place, I don't know what does.

Wow, what are the odds?

PIN/ID
    20D0BD61
    y'all are great! I don't have rice however, my blow dryer does have a cool setting, I have it set on the cool setting and blowing about 6" from it. I'm gonna die I really am! I don't go without my phone ever. I"m having issues already and it's been less than an hour.

Do you think I screwed it up putting the battery in when I did??? I hope not!

I can't figure out how to get this darn sim card out either! Anyone know how? lol I sound so stupid!

Can't help with sim, but following moto and rogro suggestions re the best bet. Its going to take time for it to dry out completely.

How far to the nearest store? Really the rice is going to be the best. It will pull the moisture from the inside.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by colletteski View Post
    y'all are great! I don't have rice however, my blow dryer does have a cool setting, I have it set on the cool setting and blowing about 6" from it. I'm gonna die I really am! I don't go without my phone ever. I"m having issues already and it's been less than an hour.

Do you think I screwed it up putting the battery in when I did??? I hope not!

I can't figure out how to get this darn sim card out either! Anyone know how? lol I sound so stupid!
    DO NOT USE A BLOW DRYIER. It pushes the water particle into the motherboard and does MORE damage than you can think.
    Rice is the way to go. Goodluck

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Go Get that Rice.. Right Now!

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    don't what i'd do if i dropped my berry in water. might commit.. well won't go that far.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

PIN/ID
    20D0BD61
    well I did go out and buy some rice and have it in it right now. I think I have done everything wrong. I put in the battery, I blow dried it, not to mention dropped it in the water in the 1st place. I hope it works, i'll leave it in the rice for a couple of days. I wrapped it in a lint free paper towel. I hope it works! I do feel like I should just commit myself already!

Eh, relax just a bit. Know that's hard to do, but getting upset isn't going to help you or the berry. Just give it a little time. Hopefully you'll be good to go. Moto and Rogro know their stuff.
    Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast