I have not been able to tether as a modem with any os after 162. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Byron43 no está en línea Stack level 1

What OS works with tethering

Advertisement

I have not been able to tether as a modem with any os after 162. Is this just me? Keep getting message right after Dial " unable to connect to BlackBerry" and no flashing arrows showing any comunication between laptop and Bold. Dell 1705 Vista 32. Tried 185, 190, 210, 217. did not tether. Curious because I really like 210 for everything else.

LinK627 no está en línea Awaiting email verification

There is an article on BlackBerry Technical Solution Center on how to setup the BlackBerry smartphone as a tethered modem. There is no OS restriction so it should work on any laptop with any OS. I would advise to go through the article. Let us know how that goes.

Link: h**p://w*w.blackberry.com/btsc/kb05196

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I've been using my 8900/4.6.1.94 since I got it and haven't had any problems so far.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    No problems with .217

Actually I never had a problem with any OS

Byron43 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks javatyger. I have a feeling its a vista thing. My Bold tethers fine on my sons Mac and worked tethered for more than a month on my Dell Vista but after an unlock and os upgrade it failed. I have errased all BlackBerry files, all modems, reenstalled DM and 162 and still does not work. The last time it worked was Nov 30 and vista does not keep restore points that far back. I have done this total reinstall a least 5 times. It just doesn't communicate between the laptop and the Bold when you clik dial. All username, passwords and modem are correct as per my provider and I have an unlimited plan. Vista sucks