Any suggestion? I gonna get one soon. What defect should I look for after unbox ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2

What kind of assembly defect i should look for before i am taking the Bold?

Advertisement

Any suggestion? I gonna get one soon. What defect should I look for after unbox and leaving the shop? Someone suggested the back door and latch, squeaky memory door, what else? Thanks in advance for suggestion.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaiyarat View Post
    Any suggestion? I gonna get one soon. What defect should I look for after unbox and leaving the shop? Someone suggested the back door and latch, squeaky memory door, what else? Thanks in advance for suggestion.
    The best advice I could give you would be to see if you can schedule a block of time like about 4 hours, to completely inspect and test it when you first bring it home. That's what I do, I take a day off from work and then I have time to relax and do a good inspection, setup and testing. That way I know if I need to return it, or if it's a keeper. If I must return it by getting it done within the first few days of ownership, I have the remainder of the 30 days that my carrier (AT&T) allows for returns. The true advantage of that is, if I do have to return it, I get another new one. Otherwise if it's something that crops up after the 30 days, it's a warranty return. Warranty returns are exchanged for refurbished units, which is an industry wide practice, no matter which carrier you have. Thus your best bet is buy it, check it out, use it, and enjoy it.

Cheers...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Wow!!!

You guys are nuts

Who can afford to take a day off work to buy a phone.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Wow!!!

You guys are nuts

Who can afford to take a day off work to buy a phone.

hahaah

to the op... make sure you led works...
    torched!

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Wow!!! Who can afford to take a day off work to buy a phone.
    Sylvester the Cat....

kinkbmxrydr no está en línea Stack level 2
    I noticed that I have a dead pixel on my screen, Im going to goto my local Corp. store to exchange it.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So many observations have been made regarding the mem card door, battery cover, battery life, browser, etc., that I'm sincerely hoping that the Storm, Flip, and Javelin end up with better build quality and browser

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So many observations have been made regarding the mem card door, battery cover, battery life, browser, etc., that I'm sincerely hoping that the Storm, Flip, and Javelin end up with better build quality and browser
    Now you see what I've been talking about recently. I'm a huge BlackBerry Advocate, I'm concerned because this is a big change for RIM to ship BlackBerrys with problems. They used to build them right the first time. They were reliable, everything worked without having to immediately update the OS. For those that are experienced an OS update is not hard. But its totally unfair to new users to have to "fix" their brand new BlackBerry before it will work properly. This puts it in the same class as an iPhone, plus updating an iPhone is automatic & very easy. RIM is better than what we have seen lately, this is unacceptable. Stackers can make excuses for RIM all they want but its just not right.

Via BlackBerry

chopstix no está en línea Stack level 2
    i've noticed that the battery door will easily pop off, near the latch. Also, it moves in my hand. If I'm on a call, I can actually feel it sliding around under the skin. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

xander77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i've heard that there were issues with some of the rogers editions and the bevel that surrounds the device. apparently it was scratching pretty easily....

i cannot completely say that the AT&T version is different, but it seems pretty sturdy to me.