??... BlackBerry Bold forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

what is the latest ATT firmware for the bold?

Advertisement

??

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    The latest OS for every Blackberry is listed here

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ll_models.html

That inclues the latest OS for the Bold from AT&T
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    .167 is the latest official... .168 is out there in the wild.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

asapp no está en línea Stack level 2
    So should I download the .168? Is is better? I am new at all of this, how do I do that? What does "its beta" mean?
    Last edited by asapp; 11-04-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: to add a question

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    beta just means that it hasn't officially be released by a carrier of the Bold... (ATT, Rogers, etc.)

.167 seems to be running smoothly for most... some people just need to have the latest...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I would stick with 167 for a while. You will not see any difference in the two. Many will make wild claims about how their battery now last 5 days after installing a new OS, it is just not true.

Just use your Bold for a while and enjoy it! Do not load a bunch of 3rd party un-approved software on your Bold. Poor 3rd party software is the number one reason for errors. The less you can have running in the background the better your device will run!

thebluedot no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any idea what the latest and greatest firmware is for an AT&T Bold? I have been looking around and keep finding newer versions. Not sure if there are any big updates, but my phones battery is getting drained fairly quickly and I was told to update the firmware...
    The Blue Dot - http://www.thebluedot.net is an online retailer specializing in preowned and refurbished cell phones, wireless accessories and other electronics.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    .167 is still the latest "official" at&t OS. I've heard through the grapevine, though, that .285 is in testing and looks headed to an official release "soon." Don't know when, and I wouldn't rule out that plan being scrapped completely. I am sitting happily on .266 (not at&t official, but lots better than .167 IMHO).
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

thebluedot no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the update. Where can I find this .266 update?
    The Blue Dot - http://www.thebluedot.net is an online retailer specializing in preowned and refurbished cell phones, wireless accessories and other electronics.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluedot View Post
    Any idea what the latest and greatest firmware is for an AT&T Bold? I have been looking around and keep finding newer versions. Not sure if there are any big updates, but my phones battery is getting drained fairly quickly and I was told to update the firmware...
    Most likely the reason you phone is" getting drained" quickly is some 3rd party software you are running on it. Alot of today's social software like twitter will suck you battery at an alarming rate!

The OS on your Bold from AT&T is good and putting the latest OS will gain very little. In fact it can make things worst! Do not believe all the claims of "much better battery life".
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 07-30-2009 at 08:42 AM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    .282 is out officially on Rogers...this or 266 are stable OS'. Just google the OS your looking for. If you download from a carrier other then your own just remember to delete the vendor file in the Apploader prior to install. That being said...I have forgotten to do so in the past and it has done nothing to my bold. Take a look on the beta threads to eduacate yourself...there are "how to" thread links as well. Good luck...With regard to battery life...I have tried numerous OS' and I can say some are better then others (taking into account using the same apps on each etc.) I would update to the latest official os if your not comfortable with betas.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Might try googling for a guy named tronyx and get "hooked on" his site for info on OS's.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1