THe other day I Google searched the Bold and found an intresting article. The article ... BlackBerry Bold forum

rt1168 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question What is AT&T going to do?

Advertisement

THe other day I Google searched the Bold and found an intresting article. The article stated that the price of the Bold was being dropped by $100 with Rogers. Could this be a counter-move by RIM, to talks of the Iphone price drop (as Archer pointed out in an earlier thread)? Will AT&T also drop the price and if so when?

I'm not Level 2 yet, so I could not post the link. The article was from mobilemag

arodweb no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I went to an at&t store today and I got to hold the bold. The rep told me they would release them this coming tuesday for $299.

The phone felt nice, I'll have to go back to that store to check it out.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Its lowered due to the fact its been out longer with Roger's Wireless.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 11-02-2008 at 10:27 PM.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    also RIM sells the phones to all carriers the same and then the carriers decide on the price they want to charge, rogers could be doing this to try to gain some BB users that are hungry for the bold and cant get it on att
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    None of this matters if public perception of the phone is overpriced. For those of us Stackers we see the value. We appreciate the investment RIM must put into R&D, as well as manufacturing etc. We understand what a great device this is. However to the non enthusiast that is considering a smart phone RIM has two strikes against itself up front. 1) the high price 2) its not "cool" like the iPhone. Sure we can speak the truth of how its not supposed to be compared to the iPhone. But the Storm has not been released yet. And if they don't release it in the next week they will miss the holiday selling season, as it takes awhile to get the word out even it Verizon creates a good ad campaign. The iPhone 3G has been out long enough to be well known by now. So no matter how you slice it, RIM is not going to dominate this season because they procrastinated and didn't get it done in time.
    sent via BlackBerry Bold
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    It all breaks down to AT&T deciding there was more money in the iPhone than the Blackberry Bold. It is all about money, as it should be!

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    i bet in the end.. most of us would have made the same decision...
    torched!

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I would also hate to be in AT&T management and trying to negotiate another exclusive release with RIM. If I were RIM, I KNOW what I would tell them!