I'm coming into month 6 of owning my Bold (my very first berry) and am ... BlackBerry Bold forum

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C

what was your excuse to take advantage of Rogers' Replacement Warranty?

Advertisement

I'm coming into month 6 of owning my Bold (my very first berry) and am considering for just asthetic reasons of taking advantage of of the Replacement Warranty.

My keys are scratched, screens got a cpl tiny scuffs etc... Things that bother me, but aren't really important.

What was your reasons, true or made up, for getting a brand spanking new replacement phone?
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does everybody with Rogers have this replacement warranty with their Bold.

PIN/ID
    2093876C
    I'm not certain. When I got my bold, the guy working handed me a sheet with warranty number on it and said in month 11, call this number with a problem about your bold.
    Was kind of a wink wink nudge nudge conversation, but I have heard of many ppl using the replacement warranty.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I have replaced a couple of my old 8300 curves. Because you are NOT supposed to take them apart, you can say that the trackball doesn't work. If you can't scroll.... can't take it apart.. they replace it and send you a shiny REFURB unit.

PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Ahh so its a refurb unit you get??
    I think I'd rather stick to a scratched up reliable device than risk getting a shiny pretty refurb that may not be as reliable.

PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Still interested in other ppls thoughts or stories on this.

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes it is a refurb. Precisely why companies wouldn't give new devices because of abuse and the cost. It's a tradeoff you make. If the aesthetics bother you so much then get a replacement. If the replacement doesn't work you can get that replaced also. And if you do get a replacement then consider buying a case for it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-gb; HTC Hero Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    retired
    though its a refurb... the cases are completely new that it works just like a new one....dont be afraid ! lol

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    though its a refurb... the cases are completely new that it works just like a new one....dont be afraid ! lol
    Sorry but the only refub I got would reboot without warning and I let my good working Bold go becasue of a scratch on the side. I will stand with my old reliable till the 9700 is introduced!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Sorry but the only refub I got would reboot without warning and I let my good working Bold go becasue of a scratch on the side. I will stand with my old reliable till the 9700 is introduced!
    I have had a couple refurbs from Rogers [8300, 9000] and no issues.

9700... mmm... drooling already !!