ok so many know i have the att bold already. but my blackberry craziness finds ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

went too a few att stores today. they have but cant sell?

Advertisement

ok so many know i have the att bold already. but my blackberry craziness finds the need to still go into att stores to flaunt my goods... lol. anyway today i was walking around nyc (att store every i dunno 2 blocks) so i was asking each person with a "store manager" tag if they had the bold in stock. i went into about 4 stores. at first all of them said no we wont have them untill tues hopefully. and i was like hmm well i have one already do you guys have any accessories. and there like impossible lemme see it..

so i showed them.. then there stories changed up.. well we actually have them but we cant sell them untill we get word from corp. to sell.

personally i think this makes no sense.. they have stock of them.. one manger told me about 20 people came in asking for it. whats the point of having actual stock and not being able to sell? does anyone know the reasoning behind this?
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Its just the word from corporate. Then why have a reason for a launch date for a device. Better to nix the press release and say we will we sell it whenever we get it.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    so i showed them.. then there stories changed up.. well we actually have them but we cant sell them until we get word from corp. to sell.

personally i think this makes no sense.. they have stock of them.. one manger told me about 20 people came in asking for it. whats the point of having actual stock and not being able to sell? does anyone know the reasoning behind this?
    Here's the real reason:
    A launch date is set to advise the public of when they will be able to go into their local AT&T store to buy one.
    Now, the only way for AT&T to insure that every consumer has the same experience & opportunity to buy the new model on the same day is to make sure that all stores have them in stock & ready for sale. Since shipping devices to each store takes different amounts of time some stores will receive there's before others. Thus they must hold them until the official launch day. There are many additional reasons for a launch date, too numerous to list. But as an example it gives AT&T time to be sure everyone is trained, all stores have their promotional signage, etc.
    Auto manufactures to the same thing. Exactly.
    You will notice that Apple does it too.
    So when I read some reports here yesterday of people walking into an AT&T store & buying one, I thought, hmmm interesting. I wonder how much trouble these stores will be in when AT&T as well as RIM find out. Bottom line, it's about being fair to the customer so everyone has the same opportunity to get a Bold on the same day. .
    Cheers....
    sent via BlackBerry Bold

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    I went to the ATT store by the house yesterday, and inquired about the Bold. They had a dummy on display and the guy told me that they didn'y have them yet, but would have them by Tuesday on the release day.

I headed over to Best Buy next and they had a dummy on display also. The sales guy told me that they didn't have it in stock and probably wouldn't for a few weeks, because according to him, the release date has been pushed back a few weeks again. Not sure how accurate that statement was and they were his words and not mine.

I was half tempted to check stock status on Best Buy online tomorrow morning, see if the local BB (Beaumont) has it in stock, order it, and then go pick it up tomorrow night.

I want one and am in a crappy situation because I am working 100+ miles from my house in a an area that isn't real prone to this type of technology. Think Gulf Coast Texas in refinery row.................

What suprises me though is that tomorrow is the release date, and ATT doesn't list it online yet for the 77478 or 78258 (Houston and San Antonio respectively) area codes.

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another thought/question that I have though.

If the ATT stores deplete there stock on the first day of the Bold going on sale, how long before they restock? Daily, every other day, weekly, etc... until the sales taper off or will the warehouse run out of stock prior to that point.

Also, I have never ordered from ATT online. Will they ship to me where I am working at if I order online, or will they default it to my home address?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I doubt there will be any line ups. There will be plenty of stock for everyone.

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i went to 2 authorized resellers yesterday and one said that they were definately going to have them on the 4th, the other said that they wouldnt have them until the 18th.
    "CENSORED"