OK, someone tell me if I'm just plain nuts. I want to first say that I've only been a Bold (and AT&T) user for about 10 days. I don't have a lot of empirical evidence to back this claim up.

When I first got my Bold, the signal strength was excellent (4-5 bars). I got a couple of cradles last week for work and the bedside. I thought it would be neat to have the clock automatically show (I had turned that feature off), so I set that up. I also did some OS upgrading/downgrading based on feedback from this forum (notable archer6 - big kudos for his contributions to this site). So, I've watched my signal bounce around the past 4-5 days. A slight difference from the excellent signal I had the first few days. I thought maybe it either the OS versions or possibly me just getting a more accurate representation as time went on. (After all, I did base it on my first few days, when there was a holiday.)

But I decided to stop using the clock auto run when charging feature so I could more closely monitor the signal strength. And it has stopped bouncing. It's been a solid 4-5 bars ever since I did that (a few hours). Obviously, I will have to monitor this for a few days to make sure, but it seems like too much of a coinky-dink that this would happen. I don't see how/why this would be the case. It doesn't make sense to me. So am I just crazy? (Well, some say I am crazy, but not for observational things like this.)