Hey all I got one for ya.... I currently have a Bold and used to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Weird Facebook issue

Advertisement

Hey all I got one for ya.... I currently have a Bold and used to have a Curve which I gave to my father to use. For some reason all of my Facebook emails are going to the Curve. ONLY my Facebook emails all my others are coming to my Bold properly from the same account.

Some info:
    I'm on BIS
    Running .190
    Removed Facebook app

Out of ideas.

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    WOW! What email address is registered with FB and did you move that same email over to the Bold? ex: carmover@att.blackberry.net.

PIN/ID
    24A059B4
    yeah thats what's the weird part the same email I use for everything is what I use for Facebook. I've been getting ALL my other emails to my Bold but Facebook is going to the Curve and when I check Yahoo on my PC it is showing them in the list as being unread whille all others are showing read since i opened them on the Bold.

I am trying to look at Facebook now but they must be having problems cause I cant get on right now to see what could possibly be causing this.

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    When you given your Curve to your father. Did you erase the device before he set it up? You might have to erase the phone so your stuff can stop going to your old phone.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarv View Post
    When you given your Curve to your father. Did you erase the device before he set it up? You might have to erase the phone so your stuff can stop going to your old phone.
    That's what I was about to say.

PIN/ID
    24A059B4
    Yes and I gave it to him almost 2 months ago when I got the Bold and never had any probs before but since I joined Facebook a week ago all of those emails have gone to Curve but no others. I changed the email account on Facebook to one that was never used on the Curve so I'll see what happens.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by carmover View Post
    Yes and I gave it to him almost 2 months ago when I got the Bold and never had any probs before but since I joined Facebook a week ago all of those emails have gone to Curve but no others. I changed the email account on Facebook to one that was never used on the Curve so I'll see what happens.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When you gave the BB to your dad, did you turn off that email address on the BIS setup page? It sounds like emails going to your address are still being pushed to the curve.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    When you gave the BB to your dad, did you turn off that email address on the BIS setup page? It sounds like emails going to your address are still being pushed to the curve.
    I was thinking something similar as a very similar issue just happened to me and was easily remedied. I gave my pearl to my wife when I got my curve. The situation we ran into was that even though I had not changed my email address on the sites in question, some newsletters were still being sent to the pearl. Even though I had setup that same email address on the curve as soon as I visited the BIS site on the pearl (by going through email settings, not sure if this matters) I received a quick notification saying that a newer PIN had been registered with the same email (or something along those lines) and I was prompted to un-register that account with my pearl.

Not sure if that made as much sense as it did in my head but the situations sounds very similar and that's what worked for me. Let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Exactly. All email addresses assigned to that device on the BIS setup page need to be removed from it.

I have a personal email address and a @carrier.blackberry.net address assigned to each device. I don't put my personal or business email address anywhere. When I sign up for newsletters/software updates etc., I use the blackberry.net address.

Were I to give my phone to someone, I need to remove BOTH addresses from the phone and send it the new BLANK service books. Then I set up the addresses on my new device. The new owner of the phone can then go and setup their own email addresses for their hand-me-down device.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    and send it the new BLANK service books..
    I knew I was missing something, that is crucial and easily skipped over, sending the blank service books after the addresses are removed is just as crucial as the steps before it.