Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I'm sure it's a nice bridge gkast. Don't worry......you'll be able to get rid of ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Advertisement

I'm sure it's a nice bridge gkast. Don't worry......you'll be able to get rid of it I'm sure. Good luck with that!!

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.
    i bought from this site and paid through paypal i also just recievedthe bold today.

justkidding

JudyT no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    Do not order anything from this site.with a credit card or anything... I placed an order for a blackberry bold 9000 for 399.99 plus 35 shipping over night.. Seemed to good to be true but gave it a shot. My credit card company called me telling me this company name and recipiant is flagged in there system that they declined the charge thank god. So the order is cancelled the site is bogus. Do not order anything!!!! From them... Now he's emailing me every 10 minutes telling me that his cc processing machines are down and if I know where there is a local western union wire transfer agent. Dcompworld.com is a scam everyone beware and spread the word.
    I was ready to order several Blackberry Bolds from this guy. I emailed him the note you posted and here is his reply:

That might be a mistaken identity, Spammers have been using our company name to run a scam due to the fact they know we have the Blackberry Bold in stock

So we even had to shut down our website today for Maintainance ,we shall be back up shortly as we are trying to secure our database.

This is a 100% Legit sale as i am giving you an Assurance that i will send you the tracking details an Hour after you send payment.

Trust me on this as this is no Scam.

If i fail to do so, then you can cancel the Money Gram Payment and Never do business with us

Thanks
    Gilbert
    Last edited by JudyT; 06-17-2008 at 06:11 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    These guys just don't give up!

JudyT no está en línea Stack level 1

Warning!! dcompworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    Do not order anything from this site.with a credit card or anything... I placed an order for a blackberry bold 9000 for 399.99 plus 35 shipping over night.. Seemed to good to be true but gave it a shot. My credit card company called me telling me this company name and recipiant is flagged in there system that they declined the charge thank god. So the order is cancelled the site is bogus. Do not order anything!!!! From them... Now he's emailing me every 10 minutes telling me that his cc processing machines are down and if I know where there is a local western union wire transfer agent. Dcompworld.com is a scam everyone beware and spread the word.
    I was going to order several Blackberry Bold's from this guy until I read the above. I sent him the following note:

Since I have always used a credit card to purchase merchandise from various companies, and have never been required to wire money for a purchase, I was feeling more than apprehensive about this transaction. So, I did a search on the internet and found the following….can you explain this????

Here is the response I received:

That might be a mistaken identity, Spammers have been using our company name to run a scam due to the fact they know we have the Blackberry Bold in stock
    So we even had to shut down our website today for Maintainance ,we shall be back up shortly as we are trying to secure our database.
    This is a 100% Legit sale as i am giving you an Assurance that i will send you the tracking details an Hour after you send payment.
    Trust me on this as this is no Scam. If i fail to do so, then you can cancel the Money Gram Payment and Never do business with us, Thanks Gilbert

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyT View Post
    Trust me on this
    Never trust someone you don't know who says that! Especially with a record like this!

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I need to explain something....there is something wrong when a person or company is requiring a western union or a money order only this is a warning flag! Western union is a common way to launder money and is a common way to scam. It's instant funds and identification is easy to fraud if it's even required. Money under 3000k isn't even logged. 3000k or more is required to be traced under the anti money laundering act. It's also called the patriot act. So scammers keep it small but not to small. Once the money is transfered all they need is some basic info or a code word and then they are gone. No trace other than the transaction. There information isn't recorded. Your out of the money. There is no way to stop payment if it is picked up.

Use extreme caution-if it sounds to good become more suspicious. Research is key. BBB is a good start then looking at the web site for security logos. Click on the links and follow the rabbit whole.
    One flag is the payment option letter, second is the item-the BOLD isn't even out, third is the price-ebay is selling it for about $600 to $800 and ebay has a better standing as a business, fourth is the volume of complaints present-a google search would help, fourth-it is to good to be true. I am not saying that I wouldn't have tried it myself. I would have! But we can learn and hopefully it helps. To stop this you must report this. The BBB reacts based upon complaints. I dought the BOLD is the only scam going on

As far as the responce letter. I still smell BS. Paypal is extreamly easy to set up and I'm sure if this was a true business then they would make every attempt to open up the payment options.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CoreyS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A25005
    If asking for you to send money via Western Union doesn't screm GIANT RED FLAG, I don't know what does... It sucks for the Western Union reputation though.

If i fail to do so, then you can cancel the Money Gram Payment and Never do business with us
    Once you send them the MTCN and they retreive the funds, the game is over. Use Western Union to pay bills or send money to people you know, but DON'T use it to buy merchandise! I can't stress enough how much more secure using your credit card is. And no, I don't mean your debit card. Only credit cards have federally regulated consumer protection laws.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Dear Whatsyourname

Please send me the Bold, and as soon as I receive it I will wire you the money.

Trust me on this.

Thx

PS. If you change your mind you can always cancel your shipment.

-----
    From our "How's that again" Dpt

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    FYI, add sales@phonecitytelecommunications.com to this, same exact scam, same price, same line about broken machin amd western u~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jlynnt99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried to puchase a htc touch diamond for dcompworld.com guess what....no phone and they took my cc number and purchased hundreds of dollars of merchandise from victoria secret....PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY ITS A SCAM!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sorry to hear about this, jlynn. I hope you were able to get the charges reversed on your credit card.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Welcome to PinStack, by the way, albeit under these lousy circumstances.

jlynnt99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh forgot to mention that when they tell you to western union the money its already to late you have given your cc number.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234