Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it is funny. But to be honest who can you trust? I just ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it is funny. But to be honest who can you trust? I just received an email from a distant friend who in the title wrote. Getting a bold. For 399 whoot!! And guess who this college grad sent a western union money order to... I'm not to fond of this person but its still not right. I told him it was a scam and he said well see... Like why would I lie lol. This is why I don't like this individual. But the thing that grabs me. He wrote to the guy from d comp and he convinced this person to send him a western union money order. The site is based out of Virginia. Its says there located in california..... He sent the western union to north Dakota! Is this insain! I mean basically he is beat out of 450 bucks. I don't like this guy to be honest but it shouldn't happen to anyone. Tell people don't ever ever use western union or cash wire transfers in any online purchase! Unless its a family member and I'd still be weary. Lol.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I just can't believe that in this day & age, no matter the item someone is purchasing, that they are dumb enough to send any kind of money via a wire transfer that cannot be refunded, cancelled, traced, etc. and they do not see that as a problem.

Would it be against Pinstack policy for me to post my Paypal account for people who are ignorant to just send me money and expect nothing in return? I mean, I could put up a picture of a BOLD and they could print if off and carry it around with them and show what they got for $400. I think that is more than fair!
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    We all know hindsight is 20/20......but ya'll have to admit the Blackberry addiction in ALL of us was wondering if there was a remote chance of getting the BOLD through that site. We all would love to be the first to get our grubby little paws on it. Just glad you didn't get stuck Nick!!

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    All joking aside, i would have tried it as well and this info probably saved my hundreds. My bank locks my card in suspicion of theft when I buy a soda from 7-eleven but allows me to spend hundreds in a single day! No rhyme or reason. Sincerely, thank you for the thread
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    My sentiments exactly, thanks Zim!!

Great Post Nick!!

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by jglee311 View Post
    We all know hindsight is 20/20......but ya'll have to admit the Blackberry addiction in ALL of us was wondering if there was a remote chance of getting the BOLD through that site. We all would love to be the first to get our grubby little paws on it. Just glad you didn't get stuck Nick!!

Blackberry addict or not, anybody who saw ItsNowOrNever's post (in another thread) with their answer to her email, and STILL nourished a hope the offer was genuine, please get in touch with me. I own a bridge in Brooklyn, in fairly good condition, and will let it go for $400

PS If you want it shipped to Los Angeles that will be an extra $100 .

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    gkast, it was a long shot indeed that there was any validity to this site. Fact of the matter is now thanks to Nick, noone else has to test the waters. OP was for informational/security purposes only......not to call out the obvious.

kpk0911 no está en línea Stack level 1

Dcompworld

I just found out about these people too.. I had a good mind to send them an email and tell them they are being reported for being idiots!! Check out this email repsonse from them in lieu of my order...
    Hi,
    Thank you for the Order.
    Currently we are facing problems with our credit card processor.
    Hence,your credit card was not charged and you will not be billed.
    We accept payments offline via Western Union Money Transfer so we can be able
    to send tracking details same day you send payment.
    Do you know where a Western Union Agent is Located?
    Regards.,
    Gilbert

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by kpk0911 View Post
    I just found out about these people too.. I had a good mind to send them an email and tell them they are being reported for being idiots!! Check out this email repsonse from them in lieu of my order...
    Hi,
    Thank you for the Order.
    Currently we are facing problems with our credit card processor.
    Hence,your credit card was not charged and you will not be billed.
    We accept payments offline via Western Union Money Transfer so we can be able
    to send tracking details same day you send payment.
    Do you know where a Western Union Agent is Located?
    Regards.,
    Gilbert

Yup---that was the email response I posted here yesterday!

Thank GOD Nik's card was marked as "possible theft" and they didn't charge him....wonder how a broken card reader can "read" the card enough for the credit card company to stop the transaction?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

kpk0911 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, I don't know about the cc comp declining, but I'm asuming they figured that part out and decided not to try to run anymore through... luckily... look at this..

Thanks for your response, I would love to do business with you, but I am
    honestly uncomfortable having to western union for an online purchase. If your
    credit card processor comes back on line, or I am able to handle my transaction
    with you that way, please let me know.
    Have a wonderful day

RE:
    You can use your credit card on
    www.westernunion.com

And I checked out the site on BBB web but they didn't have any information, only the address and phone that they already have listed ont the site.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Hi----didn't ANYONE read the email that I posted from them?????
    He must have skipped past it. Can't imagine why.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the info Nick. You got lucky. I wonder how many weren't so lucky?

Zim.....yer too much....lol
    Andy

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Damn I'm gonna email that gilbert cat and trade him a 9000 for my water front prperty in Nevada.

Worthless ppl in the world,damn scammers. Lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    yeah i get at least 3-4 419 scammer emails a day

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by jglee311 View Post
    gkast, it was a long shot indeed that there was any validity to this site. Fact of the matter is now thanks to Nick, noone else has to test the waters. OP was for informational/security purposes only......not to call out the obvious.

Aw, you just don't want my bridge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast