I cannot wait any longer. Basically, I'm eligible for an upgrade from ATT. I'm thinking ... BlackBerry Bold forum

samantha23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot wait any longer. Want to purchase iPhone and sell to buy Bold!

Advertisement

I cannot wait any longer.

Basically, I'm eligible for an upgrade from ATT. I'm thinking of purchasing an iPhone and then reselling on eBay. Then, with the profit and some extra cash, purchase an unlocked Bold. However, to purchase the iPhone from ATT requires setting up an iPhone data service, which does not work with blackberrys.

How can I get around this?

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    they will probably allow you to change the data plan to a BB plan afterwards. I switched back and forth a few times in the last couple years from Windows Mobile to BB to iPhone and back to BB. I'm with Rogers, but I bet it's the same. Call customer service and check with them.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    please done get the iphone ive been there dont that and as you can see ive stucked to the bb

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    You aren't locked into a data contract... buy the iphone and just go online and change the data plan to blackberry..
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is exactly what I did and believe you me that is not worth the hassle!! I bought for iPhone 3Gs over the course of a month and sold them imeediately on ebay. With the current economic climate around the world and the increased supply of iPhones, I would strongly recommend against this. Plus AT&T customer service is a joke. I spent well over 4 hours on the phone with them tryna to explain to them why they were going to need to credit my account because they overcharged me and finally last week I was able take care of it. But from one friend to another save yourself some headache....plus you have to deal with all these crooks on ebay trying to con you out of the phone......let's not even get into that.....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    thats what i did. sold my iPhone for 700CAD and got the Bold for 599CAD+tax so about 650CAD.
    its a good thing but i didnt have to deal with ebay it was available locally and i work for Rogers HO so i could do the changes myself.
    So yeah ill have to agree with JR_Rider

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    see for some of us, I think the wait has further lit the blazing passion to buy one... That's what I did last night...

I'll go against the crowd here... Do it samantha... Doooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiitt....
    torched!

samantha23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well after reading replies and searching on eBay, I've decided to just wait it out. I'm gonna get a curve from ATT to tide me over for the next 30 days and hopefully the Bold will be released before then so I can exchange it out. Thanks!

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    noooooooooooooooo
    torched!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    see for some of us, I think the wait has further lit the blazing passion to buy one... That's what I did last night...

I'll go against the crowd here... Do it samantha... Doooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiitt....
    congratz!!

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    So, I just got my bold in and wow. Totally worth the money. Just be careful with that curve. You don't wanna go dropping it and then not be able to pick up the bold when its released.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade View Post
    So, I just got my bold in and wow. Totally worth the money. Just be careful with that curve. You don't wanna go dropping it and then not be able to pick up the bold when its released.
    very good point