View Poll Results: Is The Bold Overpriced @ $299.99 ?

Voters
41. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes it's too expensive

18 43.90%
  • No it's priced right

23 56.10%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If we all remember the pearl on its release was $249.... BlackBerry Bold forum

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

If we all remember the pearl on its release was $249.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by joshdr View Post
    @Archer: I have yet to own a smartphone, and I've been recently thinking about buying one. I am a college professor so I probably fall somewhere between the serious business user and the typical consumer. I've been trying to decide between the Bold and the Iphone..
    First of all, thank you for your well written post. I'm sure it will be very beneficial for others to read.

As far as my thoughts on a smart phone for you. Let me begin by saying that I'm very neutral & fair in my reporting. I am a long standing Apple customer (laptops). That said I'm not an Apple Zealot. I'm a businessman that has a dual masters from MIT in computer science & electrical engineering. Thus my point is I embrace all technologies, I'm an avid supporter of fairly priced products that do what they are advertised to do & contain value. The only problem I have with Apple is their arrogance, tendency to over price their products, and their wildly hyped marketing. That said I've owned every BlackBerry model available since 1995. I've owned both the 1st & 2nd generation iPhones. Thus I'm equipped to report fairly. The reason I find the BlackBerry platform to be highly valuable is the combination of stellar engineering, reliability, functionality, usefulness & value. Because I'm highly mobile, I rely on my smartphone as my mission critical mobile communications device, for email (60+ daily) SMS text & voice 24/7 as I no longer use a land line. Copy & paste are very important, a feature that Apple has left off the iPhone 3G. Push email is so much faster & no other smartphone comes close to a BlackBerry when handling mail. I also use Outlook for everything, calendar, appointments, tasks, notes & 3,500 contacts. My BlackBerry Curve will sync Outlook with my ThinkPad laptop in under a minute. Whereas every other smartphone I own will either take 10+ minutes, or crash trying.
    The iPhone is terrific as an entertainment device. However the telephone quality is poor as is the lack of a keyboard for typing. The appeal of the iPhone is purely the result of the masterful marketing plan of Steve Jobs. His brilliant approach (even though deceptive) is the reason for Apples success. Rather unsettling, as its much like celebrities are worshiped. Not on merit but on fame. In my humble opinion the only smart phone worth investing in is a BlackBerry. In terms of which model, that's up to your personal needs. I might suggest the present Curve, as its a great value.
    Hope this helps you. If you wish, please send a PM to me for further discussion.

sent via BlackBerry

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2
    i paid 399 for my 8800, so 299 is a hell of a deal!

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    $299 is a Fair Price.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    First of all, thank you for your well written post. I'm sure it will be very beneficial for others to read.

As far as my thoughts on a smart phone for you. Let me begin by saying that I'm very neutral & fair in my reporting. I am a long standing Apple customer (laptops). That said I'm not an Apple Zealot. I'm a businessman that has a dual masters from MIT in computer science & electrical engineering. Thus my point is I embrace all technologies, I'm an avid supporter of fairly priced products that do what they are advertised to do & contain value. The only problem I have with Apple is their arrogance, tendency to over price their products, and their wildly hyped marketing. That said I've owned every BlackBerry model available since 1995. I've owned both the 1st & 2nd generation iPhones. Thus I'm equipped to report fairly. The reason I find the BlackBerry platform to be highly valuable is the combination of stellar engineering, reliability, functionality, usefulness & value. Because I'm highly mobile, I rely on my smartphone as my mission critical mobile communications device, for email (60+ daily) SMS text & voice 24/7 as I no longer use a land line. Copy & paste are very important, a feature that Apple has left off the iPhone 3G. Push email is so much faster & no other smartphone comes close to a BlackBerry when handling mail. I also use Outlook for everything, calendar, appointments, tasks, notes & 3,500 contacts. My BlackBerry Curve will sync Outlook with my ThinkPad laptop in under a minute. Whereas every other smartphone I own will either take 10+ minutes, or crash trying.
    The iPhone is terrific as an entertainment device. However the telephone quality is poor as is the lack of a keyboard for typing. The appeal of the iPhone is purely the result of the masterful marketing plan of Steve Jobs. His brilliant approach (even though deceptive) is the reason for Apples success. Rather unsettling, as its much like celebrities are worshiped. Not on merit but on fame. In my humble opinion the only smart phone worth investing in is a BlackBerry. In terms of which model, that's up to your personal needs. I might suggest the present Curve, as its a great value.
    Hope this helps you. If you wish, please send a PM to me for further discussion.

sent via BlackBerry

Good post. I left my Blackberry and purchased an iPhone 3G. It's a brilliant mobile web and audio device - but if the central purpose of your smartphone is communication, the iPhone will leave you more frustrated than anything else. I lasted about 2 weeks until I returned it for a refund and re-activated my Blackberry. My email on the phone was terribly delayed (if I recieved anything at all), the softkeys were very troublesome for me as well and it would drop calls constantly. I'm an IT Director and do a lot of buisiness over the phone. It's very embarrassing for me and my organization when I can't maintain a call because of a sub-par device. The iPhone is a neat toy - but in my opinion it's just that - a toy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12