View Poll Results: Is The Bold Overpriced @ $299.99 ?

Voters
41. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes it's too expensive

18 43.90%
  • No it's priced right

23 56.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We now have an official release date of Nov 4th and a price of $299.99 ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Vote: Bold Price To High?

Advertisement

We now have an official release date of Nov 4th and a price of $299.99

The Question is, do you think the price is too high?

Vote here in the poll, and post your opinions.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    after paying almost that for my curve...no sounds like a deal or a steal...

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah that's pretty on par, like moderncowboy said, my curve cost be about that price when it first dropped. Though they should thrown a small discount ($50) or accessory due to them being so behind in getting this device out

If we look at past history of top of the line BlackBerry pricing at time of release. The 8700 was $299, the 8800 was $299, therefore I expected the Bold to be around $299 or possibly even a bit more. Especially given the advanced state of this model.

Recently there were two events that changed the game. First was the release of Apples second generation iPhone 3G at a low $199.00. The second event was the financial meltdown in the USA. With a very slow economy, buyers are more price sensitive. Then when one throws in the very visible example of low pricing on the iPhone it does indeed make the Bold look overpriced in my opinion.

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree I think the price is right.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it may be a little more than what we all bargained. But we have yet to confirm if that is a before or after rebate price?

If its before rebate then it is right along the iphone price tag.

Smokem no está en línea Stack level 2
    For the BB faithful it's not too high, but for someone like me who has been wanting a touchscreen, the iphone is still attractive. if the storm isn't announced on ATT soon I'll be getting a bold, but for now, I am on the fence on price, I won't be paying 299 and a new 2 year for it when it comes out, but after some hands on I might change my mind.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think it's a good price.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    That's a great price (w/plan). I wonder just how much it will be without one. Those that don't like the price are those that (like all consumers) want things for cheap.
    "Who Dares Wins"

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Too high as I never paid that much for a BlackBerry.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Too high as I never paid that much for a BlackBerry.
    Neither have I. But then again I've never bought a new model BlackBerry the day it was released.
    "Who Dares Wins"

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Being that so many folks have forked over $299 for the 16g iPhone 3g, I won't hesitate to provide same for what I believe to be a much more superior product

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Being that so many folks have forked over $299 for the 16g iPhone 3g, I won't hesitate to provide same for what I believe to be a much more superior product
    I agree with you.
    However we are BlackBerry lovers, and know more about it than the general public. That was my only point. So I wanted to hear from other stackers.
    I knew all of us are fine with the price. If we take the iPhone out of the picture, quite honestly $299 is a very good deal for such a great new model with so many new features! I just hope the public does not let the price influence them to buy an iPhone.

joshdr no está en línea Stack level 1
    @Archer: I have yet to own a smartphone, and I've been recently thinking about buying one. I am a college professor so I probably fall somewhere between the serious business user and the typical consumer. I've been trying to decide between the Bold and the Iphone.

I think your analysis is exactly right. Longtime blackberry users (who have payed on average $300 for their previous phones) probably don't flinch at a $300 price tag. For your average person, though, the price difference between the Iphone and the Bold and the perception that the US economy is tanking and is going to discourage people from paying $300. This fact combined with the impression that I have that the Bold isn't up to typical blackberry standards may seriously hurt RIM at a time when Apple is gaining market share.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    The price for the 2yr contract is perfect. The questions is, what is the price of the device without a contract, and is that too high?
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast