Voice dial used to work flawlessly but now it's next to useless. First, it says ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Voice dial not working

Advertisement

Voice dial used to work flawlessly but now it's next to useless. First, it says 'say a command' twice pretty much every time. Then, once I say the name of the person to call, it almost always gets it wrong, if it comes up with anything at all. This happens when I"m using my bluetooth and when I just use the voice dial on the phone directly. Anyone else having this problem? Do I need to maybe reindex my contacts, and is that even possible?

smfa1965 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you go into Options, Voice Dialing, there's an option in the menu to "Adapt Digits". Have you tried this to see if it makes it better? I did this on mine and haven't had any Voice Dialing issues. Worth a shot.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Unfortunately, I had adapted the digits and it didn't help. Weird how it worked fine and then suddenly didn't. Sometimes it finds nothing at all when the name is very unusual and so you'd expect it to find it (in other words, it wouldn't confuse what I said with another entry).

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE
    If bluetooth voice dial degrades suddenly, try deleting and repairing your headset.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had the same issue and re-installed my bluetooth headset then did a hard re-boot and that fixed it. I have a friend who had an issue with voice dialing once he upgraded his OS. however, it doesn not work at all anymore. (Sounds different than your issue)
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100