Is anyone else using VVM on AT&T? I'm using it and get a text whenever ... BlackBerry Bold forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Visual Voicemail on AT&T

Advertisement

Is anyone else using VVM on AT&T?

I'm using it and get a text whenever there is a call/voicemail, however the text is blank.....has no content whatsoever.

Is it supposed to have caller information? What is the purpose of the text if it has no content?

Am I missing something?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    It should show up as a message but when you open it the media player comes up and plays the voicemail. The text header for me on my VVM is there number and the duration on the message. I'm on T-mobile
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Hm. I'm also using Berry Popup, but when I dismiss the popup, there is nothing in the text folder.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Disable berry popup and get yourself a visual voicemail

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

I like Berry Popup!

Any recommendations for VVM? I have a small issue with programs like YouMail and I'm not sure I'd run into the same thing with other apps.....

I have a "virtual receptionist" set up with my1Voice for my businesses, which has its own voicemail system. People can call my 800 number to receive instructions on how to reach me. Ultimately all calls come to my cell phone, but the system is set up to display my 800 number so I know the call is coming from my1Voice. If I don't answer calls from that number, I want the call to bounce back to the my1Voice voicemail system, however YouMail cannot be set up to accomplish this.

I'd love to use YouMail for all my personal calls and have it behave as I've described as above, but I'm relegated to using the native VVM since it won't work that way.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    In your call log hit MENU/OPTIONS and find CALL FORWARDING and set the number of your my1voice (backup your device first). So if you don't answer it will ring back to your business. The only draw back I can see is that it wont filter just your business call there. It will forward every call you don't answer there.

Truth + Clarity = Power

Yeah, that's not gonna work. It'll go into an endless loop.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Doesn't your my1voice have a voice mail? When you call the my1voice dont you press 1 to call your cell number and 2 to leave a voice mail?

Truth + Clarity = Power

Yes, it has voice mail and I'll have to check my settings, but I think I have it set up to press 1 for this company, 2 for that one and whatever to leave a message in the general voice mailbox.

If I change the forwarding option to go back to the my1Voice number, the caller will have to start from scratch and I don't think they're going to enjoy that experience.

But you're right, it will do the same for all calls. If only I could make it conditional......

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I wonder if you could do some type of string. Have your phone forward to 1-800-555-5555 2 and 2 would take them right to voice mail. I don't know just thinking outloud

Truth + Clarity = Power

I see what you're saying.....lemme check into that.

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have VVM on my corporate 9700. I don't like it. It seems RIM tried to copy Apple but did so poorly.

With my iPhone, when i get a VM notification, the VM is already on my device and plays immediately when I click on it. Not so on my 9700. I get the little pop up, and when i hit "Play" it seems to take 15 to 20 seconds (at least) before the media player comes up and begins to play the message.
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

Hm. I don't have that lag problem. Just wondering why I don't have any content in the text message that pops up.

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thats strange as I use VVM on ATT and I get all my messages on there with full text.

Well, I've since removed AT&T VVM.

my1Voice can be set up to have different mailboxes and now allows us to show which mailbox is being called via caller ID. I have taken that information and stored it in YouMail, so there are different voice mail messages to the user depending on which mailbox they've called in my1Voice.