Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

When I upgraded it deleted my BBM 5.0 but once I reinstalled BBM 5.0 it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID

Advertisement

When I upgraded it deleted my BBM 5.0 but once I reinstalled BBM 5.0 it came right back with my previous contacts! So no worries!!!

patfb1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile bold upgrade

upgrade this morning, memory increase, no leakage of memory, kept BBM 5.0 intact, got visual voicemail working and loving the update. The only thing I can see that the upgrade did was archive some of my programs to my SD card which is fine, can always install back through BB app world.

Hope all works for others using the Bold

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i just upgraded and i'm so far not impressed. lost bbm 5.0 and i can't re-install. it's really really slow and it's frozen on me twice already. i might downgrade.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I backed up me phone first. After upgrading I had some issues and decided since I backed mine up, I will do a master clear. The OS does work a lot better now. Before doing that just try a few battery pulls and wait a min or 2 before putting the battery back in.....simetimes that will help.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by patfb1 View Post
    upgrade this morning, memory increase, no leakage of memory, kept BBM 5.0 intact, got visual voicemail working and loving the update. The only thing I can see that the upgrade did was archive some of my programs to my SD card which is fine, can always install back through BB app world.

Hope all works for others using the Bold
    You can also select between having 3G or 2G. My memory leak seems to have stopped as well but we will see if it may be just slower

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i did the update last night and works like a champ and the phone was down for 1.5 hrs total!

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've noticed better memory management, too (compared to .266). The thumbnails are still a little slow for me, but not as bad as .282. Overall, pretty happy thus far. Only area of concern for me at the moment is battery. It looks like it's getting better (recalibrating, etc.), but I still haven't had a "normal" day to really test it.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I upgraded and am still on the phone with ATT trying to get VV. First person I talked to wanted me to reinstall the software, I gave up and hung up

Called back and have so far talked to 3 people and been on the phone 30 minutes, get much further 'cos of the bbvv code but they say they cannot load it to my account so they have put in a request ticket.
    I have full blackberry service, plus international, full data etc.

So 45 mins and no visual voicemail, everything else working fine including bbm 5.0. Maybe I will get it once the ticket has been approved

Been giving a resolution date 15 Sept, go figure! One wonders if it is worth it

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I upgraded and am still on the phone with ATT trying to get VV. First person I talked to wanted me to reinstall the software, I gave up and hung up

Called back and have so far talked to 3 people and been on the phone 30 minutes, get much further 'cos of the bbvv code but they say they cannot load it to my account so they have put in a request ticket.
    I have full blackberry service, plus international, full data etc.

So 45 mins and no visual voicemail, everything else working fine including bbm 5.0. Maybe I will get it once the ticket has been approved

Been giving a resolution date 15 Sept, go figure! One wonders if it is worth it
    I heard they yanked the upgrade and I think suspended the ability to add vvm citing incompatibilities with a network upgrade or something like that. Could explain why they couldn't provision your account.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hmm that could be true, I spoke to at least 3 people none of them could get it to work. So maybe ATT can't follow through, too many blackberries. I'll see if it works on the 15th!

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I literally just got my visual voicemail to work. Well they did... The icon kept telling me it couldn't provision something... I called AT&T and talked to a guy in Tech Services who was actually a pleasure to speak to. I told him that in addition to the app on the phone, the system tells me when i call that i don't even have a mailbox on the system. He gave me a phone number to dial, which is... 862-251-3467. Then the system prompted me to set-up my voicemail and all works well now. Good Luck!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I was told yesterday that I will have to wait for the next software release in about a month which should fix everything. However I will see what happens if I call the number you never know, thank you for the info

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When I first called up to switch to visual voicemail the rep told me the voicemail system (which I now know to be separate and apart from any other information...lol) didn't show that I was a Bold user. Only the Bold allows the VVM so if you've ever had another blackberry and thought they upgraded your account properly, think again. She had to set mine to the Bold. That could be it also...

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I called on the 17th and was given a resolution date of 9/28. I wasn't aware there were problems as I just switched back from an iPhone. I have two people at my job who do have VVM working but for some reason, I'm told the same thing as above in regards to the support ticket, etc... I guess I'll wait for the iPhones to get their MMS and maybe VVM will be available a few months down the road.

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do I have to download something to get this to work? I'm currently on 4.6.0.167 (platform 4.0.0.217)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast