Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Well Archer, I have to agree with you. I just got out of the att ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Advertisement

Well Archer, I have to agree with you.

I just got out of the att store. I'm sticking with my 8310. Don't get me wrong. I like the Bold. I played with one for about 20 min and the rep was really good about answering all my questions and then letting me just play. Very cool.

For one, I just can't get used to the keyboard. Maybe I would with time, but it would take some getting used to. Also, the rep confirmed that while 3g is live in my area, they're having enough problems that it has been turned off until they can fix them. I guess it never really was fully on. Just here and there as they tested towers.

Finally, and this is probably the biggest factor - price. Apparently the only way to buy in this area is bundled with a 2gb memory card for $424. There is a $100 rebate available, but only if I add a $30 monthly feature to my account abnd keep it there for 6 months. I have all the features I want so that's another $180 I'll spend.

In the end, just not worth it for a device I had a hard time typing on. On a side note, RIM really needs a 3g device in the $150 - $200 range. There were some really nice phones with qwerty keyboards (not as nice as a BlackBerry) with 3g in this price range. If I didn't need the BlackBerry email and I just wanted to browse and message, I would pick a non BlackBerry at this point. Sad.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Well Archer, I have to agree with you.

I just got out of the att store. I'm sticking with my 8310.

If I didn't need the BlackBerry email and I just wanted to browse and message, I would pick a non BlackBerry at this point. Sad.

Just my opinion. Personally I think the 8310 is the finest of all BlackBerrys hands down. Period. The finest keyboard by a wide margin, very good build quality, functionality beyond reproach if ones needs are as mine. A primary mobile communications device, that interfaces with Outlook seamlessly. Running on it's original 4.2.2.x & corresponding desktop manager software the speed is excellent, (the sync on a Bold is slower). Super durable hard shell plastic lens over the display, an ergonomic pleasure, there is no substitute at this point.

I'm very torn about my present position. The Bold is close, but the Curve is superior. A die hard early adopter I either pay the price, continue to use the Bold, or turn back to the Curve. One thing is for certain, the Curve is completely reliable and proven as a mission critical no nonsense smartphone.

... decisions... decisions.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    It's a miracle! For some reason, it just started working! I haven't changed a thing on my phone, but it works now.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    It's a miracle! For some reason, it just started working! I haven't changed a thing on my phone, but it works now.
    Wonderful!... now you can simply use it and enjoy it!

Cheers

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'll chime in here as well. I recently re-installed Opera Mini 4.2 and I'm loving every minute of it. Pages render fine, and browsing in mobile mode is very similar to column view in the BB browser and is perfectly readable...as the previously posted screenshots show.

The only thing I dislike about opera is that in mobile view I don't have an actual cursor to move on screen, the trackball simply highlights different clickable fields and isn't nearly as easy to use IMO.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678