Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Well I hope your right. Is there someone at RIM to talk to about these ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD

Advertisement

Well I hope your right. Is there someone at RIM to talk to about these problems.
    When you have to use a magnifying glass to read things and they don't have the hearing aid support. This is one of the most unfriendly phones to use with disabilities.
    They really need to fix it. I would upgrade the OS but if it don't fix problems like it does for the curve I will wait.
    The phone in general is nice and functions well.
    People complain about batt life and leaks. So far I have had no problems.
    Please someone fix the Browser Problems.
    When I try to type my user name and PW in boxes all I see is the top of the letters.
    I have gone to all web sites I use and have the same problems on all of them.
    If by Monday I can't get better results I am returning it and sending my Curve in for repair.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lfdcrunch no está en línea Stack level 1
    I set the default to Column View and default font size to 12 and minimum font size to 10. Browsing is now OK for

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    I see no difference when I do it

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Column view definitely helps, but I'm happy enough with it for now.

I couldn't go back to my Curve if I wanted to, I'm so hooked on the size and ease of use of the Bold after less then a week.

Come on RIM, perfect this beast of a phone.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    After many hours of trying every conceivable setting:

I have my Bold Browser defaults set to:
    Default View: Column
    Default font 12
    Minimum font 10

This helps for most browsing. Notice I said "helps" I did NOT say makes a good browsing experience as RIM clearly blew it when it comes to using the BlackBerry Bold on the Web...

When one gets to the forum threads we post on, it all goes out the window, and turns dreadful.

At that point the font is so incredibly small that the only choice is to zoom. Then the problem becomes one of endless scrolling. While one can, if you have an hour <sarcasm> - view a thread. However responding to the thread is excruciating.

This is an OS issue which I wish RIM would have addressed _before_ shipping it, but this is apparently the "New RIM" that simply ships it no matter what.

Hello....RIM... are you with us?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Well, glad you at least got it so you an somewhat view threads. I'm thinking that since the Storm got an OS update almost immediately, we should start to see some updates for the Bold that fix these annoying problems.

Then again, maybe not...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    What's important is that we keep reporting this. RIM has got to do something, and soon.

While I can now view threads better than before, responding is out of the question which makes it a total waste of time.

Therefore my Bold is useless for PinStack.

I cannot even begin to express the frustration I have around that.

If I was not so committed to staying current with RIM devices, and if the Bold was not so good in all other areas, I would simply toss it, and stick with the old OS 4.2.2 on a Curve 83xx.

The consequences of using RIM's Flagship Bold, are just maddening.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Sometimes, it's hard to stay current with the marketplace while remaining productive. Frankly, I often find that for core technologies, it's often better for business users to stick with tried, true and proven methods.

On the other hand, those of us in technological fields realize how important adopting new ideas can be. I really believe that if RIM wants to remain a leader, they have to maintain their reputation of rock solid devices while continually updating and adopting new technologies (such as touch screens and flip phones).

I really feel that RIM is doing the second half of that equation well. They are having some growing pains though and reliability is suffering as a result. However, I'm pretty certain that they see the problems and are hopefully going to respond to them promptly.

I'm still torn. I found out that the long awaited 3G network is in my area and part of me really wants to try a Bold just to see. But at the end of the day, I just don't have $300 sitting around to spend on something that may or may not realize its full potential!

~via BB Curve 8310(wap.pinstack.com)~

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    I guess I will answer my mini opera question now that I got a 9000...mini opera works great and renders the web pages nicely! Those of you bothered with the current BB browser's tiny text size should give mini opera a shot...I'm sure the BB browser will be corrected down the road with an OS release.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    sorry if this has been said already... but i just also noticed that posting from my bold doesnt tag the posts as mobile entries... not really important, just a note.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by dts51 View Post
    I guess I will answer my mini opera question now that I got a 9000...mini opera works great and renders the web pages nicely! Those of you bothered with the current BB browser's tiny text size should give mini opera a shot...I'm sure the BB browser will be corrected down the road with an OS release.
    I honestly don't know if I've tried Opera Mini since picking up the Bold, I'll see how it compares. I was trying to stick with the BB browser so I don't have email links loading in one browser and my actual browsing in another. Consistency is always nice, but at this point I'll try anything.

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    sorry if this has been said already... but i just also noticed that posting from my bold doesnt tag the posts as mobile entries... not really important, just a note.
    This is a test using pinstack launcher

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    weird that it doesn't tag it as a mobile post.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    guys, try posting without quoting...i don't think it ever shows the mobile tag unless its a simple post (no quoting)

::edit:: in other words, do not quote any prior posts, just do a quicky reply. also, fyi, when posting from your device, signatures will not show

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Not a quote ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast