I have tried encoding a few videos on my Bold, with the intent of mimicking ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Video player causing crash

Advertisement

I have tried encoding a few videos on my Bold, with the intent of mimicking the preloaded Speed Racer video quality as best as possible. So my first question is: What video and audio bitrate is the demo at? Resolution? (Is it the same as the Bold's screen at 480x320 or is it higher but at the same aspect ratio?) Codec? File extension? Additional specs?

I can't get the demo file onto my computer to look at the specs because it is hidden/locked. Maybe there is a way to do that but I haven't explored that option.

I decided to try Videora, which is for ipods/iphones. I set my device as the iphone 3g, and used H.264 480x320 768kbps Stereo/128kkbps. The resulting video looks GREAT on my Bold. However, it often crashes the device when seeking (FF/REW). When just playing the video without seeking, it has not crashed, but I havent played it through for very long, so I am not sure if it would eventually crash anyway.

So, my second question is: What am I doing wrong?! Are there any settings in terms of vid/aud bitrate, codec, container, etc that would eliminate this problem? I noticed it never happens with the Speed Racer demo.

Third, had anyone tried the Roxio converter that comes with DM 4.6? I have not used it because it is a big, slow program. Does it produce video with the same crashing issue? What are the specific settings it encodes the video at?

Thanks for taking the time to read my lengthy post. I wanted to give as much information as possible, especially since I have not seen any solutions to this even though I have read about others encountering the same problem.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone have any ideas? Encountered the same problem?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~