I'm going to give a Bold II to my husband on Christmas, but I will ... BlackBerry Bold forum

veronice no está en línea Stack level 1

New 9700/ no sim card

Advertisement

I'm going to give a Bold II to my husband on Christmas, but I will love to give him a "preloaded" device (that way I get to play with the phone too). Is there any way I can set a contact list, themes, apps, etc using my SIM card so when my husband puts HIS it have everything ready on the phone?
    I have a Javelin, but for my hubby this will be his first Blackberry ever.
    Also would like some information about the WiFi Calling thing: We live outside USA, and bought an unlocked phone. Can we use that feature? How? Can we connect to *our* router and make calls?
    Thank you for the help.
    Last edited by veronice; 12-17-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Improvement

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I believe you can use your SIM and set everything up for him and then just swap cards.
    As for the UMA calling, I think that is an option you have to pay for to get.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    You could try a Device Switch using the Desktop Manager or you could perform a Back Up of your BlackBerry data and then a Restore to his device. The Device Switch would be better, as it carries over your themes, etc--in addition to your data. As for the UMA thing, sorry--that's outside my realm of knowledge.