Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In an effort to completely do away with land lines and extra monthly charges, I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

thevinn no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I use my Blackberry Bold 9700 as a telephone jack for faxes?

Advertisement

In an effort to completely do away with land lines and extra monthly charges, I want to be able to send and receive faxes using my T-Mobile Blackberry Bold 9700 in conjunction with either a multifunction fax/laser printer, or my computer. How is this done?

To be clear, I'm not trying to tether my phone so I can access the Internet via the computer, I want to send and receive faxes through my mobile telephone number.

Thanks and my apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I was not able to find it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    There are several PC based internet faxing services available. Personally I use myFax. Not sure if you can connect your phone to your multifunction, though.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can use a fax-to-email service such as SRFAX.com and then print via DM........or use "remote print" from app world to print via WIFI.

Okay, so no one has answered my question. I'm not asking about how to use a third party fax service with its associated monthly usage fee. I'm talking about plugging my fax machine into my mobile phone somehow using the RJ-45 jack (?) so that I can send a traditional fax over the telephone connection established with my mobile.

I'm not looking to send a fax via email, to use a third party service, or to have a monthly fee. I'm not trying to "remote print" or any other such nonsense.

I just want to somehow plug my fax machine into my mobile phone and have the fax machine dial, etc.. as if it was a normal phone line. Is this possible?

We're trying to help you here and I did answer your question. I don't think it's possible, sorry.

Alright so there is no way to send a traditional fax using a mobile phone

In the manner with which you wish to do so, I am not aware of anything, no.

I could not find anything other than the methods we described above through a Google search.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    There are rj45 to micro usb cables available; however, your issue would be with the software incompatibility. So to answer your question, and agree with RogerG, no. However, I believe we were both attempting (in good faith) to offer you alternative solutions to your problem, and for that I apologize.

That completely sucks

Do you do a lot of faxing? If so, it seems to me an internet faxing service for 10.00/month might be worthwhile and a lot cheaper than the land line and all it's associated charges.

No. I dont do much faxing at all. Maybe 1 or 2 faxes per month. It galls me that I can't utilize my perfectly good mobile telephone connection to send a traditional fax. It is even more upsetting that we are STILL using this archaic method of transmitting documents (hello, 56k modem anyone? no thanks!). As much as I want to rid myself of this nuisance there are some applications that require sending a fax (for example, authorizing a wire transfer at my bank).

I refuse to pay some monthly charge for what I should be able to do for free. My mobile telephone bill is already over $100/mo I don't want to add to it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sorry to butt in but I think your bank should move upscale, or have they ? ! Where I am, a simple mail with a registered signature (Encrypted password) or a digital signature, suffices. Or simply, e-banking is more common ! Try and find out from your bank if they have this internet Service. Will cost you zero, and it's efficient.

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    There are like prepaid plans with SRFax. My wife uses it for her business. Here's a link that will get her a referral if you're feeling generous: http://www.srfax.com/?aid=1102

She used to be on the monthly plan, but went to the prepaid plan which charges her per page. Works out pretty well for the few places that still require faxes. The only reason I can see that they do is legally it's acceptable for legal documents (phone companies can verify the transmission and such), whereas an email isn't yet accepted for legal things. Weird I know.. but we got rid of our fax machine by using the email to fax service.

-Adam

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I would have thought the pre paid plan suggested by Adam would be ideal for the purpose. When you take into account the cost of paper and ink saved plus the savings on not having a land line it should pay for itself. I personally use the Myfax system and have a separate fax number which I am willing to pay for, for the few occasions that this mode of communication is required

I also use myFax for the occasional and irritating necessity to send a fax. I was lucky enough, though, to only have to pay 5/month for the plan. I also use the same company's my1Voice service.....great for small business owners! 10/month and you get your own 800-number along with a virtual receptionist, among other cool features.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast