I'm planning to upgrade from my Pearl to a Bold, I found a deal on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ElSean no está en línea Stack level 2

Upgrading to Bold

Advertisement

I'm planning to upgrade from my Pearl to a Bold, I found a deal on NewEgg for existing ATT customers for 189. This seems like the best deal for existing customers on the Bold.

http://www.cellstores.com/specialoff...1f2d1f55854f5d

I've read a lot of reviews on the Bold and it seems overall most people think it's a great phone. But I've seen plenty of people who've gone through 3 or 4 phones with lots of problems. I've heard theories there may be a bad batch or just some bad phones.

My question is if anyone has bought from NewEgg before and if they know if it is easy to return a phone if it has some of these problems? Or is it better off to wait a few months for the phone to become more stable and assume they're be more discounts by various retailers?

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    That is a good deal and new egg is a solid retailer to buy from. I've bought alot of stuff from them and never had a bad experience...regarding the bold experience, I think for the most part, the reviews are more positive than the few with bad experiences...I own the original curve, and I can remember reading bad reviews and such when it first came out, ...my curve has been solid from day one...the point is, you can't buy based on some not so good experiences...after all, this is RIM we're talking bout here. ;-)
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    I taught I had a lemon with my bold, then I updated to 4.0.6.190 and now it works like a charm~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgonz454 View Post
    I taught I had a lemon with my bold, then I updated to 4.0.6.190 and now it works like a charm~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lol. I am using .185 and I looove it. (I'm going to wait till .190 is no longer beta.) Hehe...

Toan04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ElSean View Post
    My question is if anyone has bought from NewEgg before and if they know if it is easy to return a phone if it has some of these problems? Or is it better off to wait a few months for the phone to become more stable and assume they're be more discounts by various retailers?

I've never bought a phone from Newegg before, but I've bought a lot of computer parts from them and my experience with them is great!!

jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Lol. I am using .185 and I looove it. (I'm going to wait till .190 is no longer beta.) Hehe...
    Thers an official 190 already.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    indeed i remember being the one to guide you through the upgrading and told you to wait on 190 because it was still a beta but as jrgonz454 mentioned the latter is now an official release so go for it!
    Unless nothing is wrong with your .185 install then i would just stick with it.