i tried the upgrade tonight and had some problems that im still trying to solve... ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

upgrading to .190 was problematic

Advertisement

i tried the upgrade tonight and had some problems that im still trying to solve...

as soon as the upgrade completed, i got many uncaught exception errors. my email icons disappeared as well as bb msngr, and web browsers. service book and host routing commands did not make the icons come back. so i just downgraded to .185 and am still waiting to see if it worked...

what went wrong? :-( a beta problem perhaps?

oh, and now, for some unknown reason, the back door now squeaks when i click the trackball.. this phone is starting to get on my nerves.

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    This issue has happened with all the Bold OS' I have every loaded at some point or another upon a battery pull, especially .126..But I have seen others saying .190 had issues for them as well..ie pics not loading on some sites, and have since downgraded to .185.

As for your trackball/back door thing, umm that's just a coincidence lol

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    This issue has happened with all the Bold OS' I have every loaded at some point or another upon a battery pull, especially .126..But I have seen others saying .190 had issues for them as well..ie pics not loading on some sites, and have since downgraded to .185.

As for your trackball/back door thing, umm that's just a coincidence lol
    what a pain in the rump... whats the fix?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I used to have that issue ALL the time on my Bold when it first came out. (back on .126) but since then ive never had it and back when i had it a LONG battery pull would fix it.
    I would say just give .190 another shot as it is working fine on all the Bolds ive tried it on.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I used to have that issue ALL the time on my Bold when it first came out. (back on .126) but since then ive never had it and back when i had it a LONG battery pull would fix it.
    I would say just give .190 another shot as it is working fine on all the Bolds ive tried it on.
    time for bed now, but maybe ill give it a go later this week... ive got .185 in a stable state... gonna leave it be right now. still letting the unit cool so the battery door stops squeaking.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    time for bed now, but maybe ill give it a go later this week... ive got .185 in a stable state... gonna leave it be right now. still letting the unit cool so the battery door stops squeaking.
    You might wanna look into that battery door thing lol :P

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    No probs on 190 on my second day now...try a battery pull and wait 30 b4 putting it back in...good luck
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ozz007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249ECC39
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ using .190 now only issue I see is bold having a hard time getting the network signal. It jups a lot from full bars to one bar.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Guys, lol lets please keep Beta discussions where they are supposed to happen to leave the forum clean

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...6/index14.html