Results 1 to 9 of 9

i tried the upgrade tonight and had some problems that im still trying to solve... ... BlackBerry Bold forum

  1. #1
    jzarowitz's Avatar
    jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Posts
    724

    upgrading to .190 was problematic

    Advertisement



    i tried the upgrade tonight and had some problems that im still trying to solve...

    as soon as the upgrade completed, i got many uncaught exception errors. my email icons disappeared as well as bb msngr, and web browsers. service book and host routing commands did not make the icons come back. so i just downgraded to .185 and am still waiting to see if it worked...

    what went wrong? :-( a beta problem perhaps?

    oh, and now, for some unknown reason, the back door now squeaks when i click the trackball.. this phone is starting to get on my nerves.

  2. #2
    Bla1ze's Avatar
    Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Posts
    206
    This issue has happened with all the Bold OS' I have every loaded at some point or another upon a battery pull, especially .126..But I have seen others saying .190 had issues for them as well..ie pics not loading on some sites, and have since downgraded to .185.

    As for your trackball/back door thing, umm that's just a coincidence lol

  3. #3
    jzarowitz's Avatar
    jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    This issue has happened with all the Bold OS' I have every loaded at some point or another upon a battery pull, especially .126..But I have seen others saying .190 had issues for them as well..ie pics not loading on some sites, and have since downgraded to .185.

    As for your trackball/back door thing, umm that's just a coincidence lol
    what a pain in the rump... whats the fix?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    I used to have that issue ALL the time on my Bold when it first came out. (back on .126) but since then ive never had it and back when i had it a LONG battery pull would fix it.
    I would say just give .190 another shot as it is working fine on all the Bolds ive tried it on.

  5. #5
    jzarowitz's Avatar
    jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I used to have that issue ALL the time on my Bold when it first came out. (back on .126) but since then ive never had it and back when i had it a LONG battery pull would fix it.
    I would say just give .190 another shot as it is working fine on all the Bolds ive tried it on.
    time for bed now, but maybe ill give it a go later this week... ive got .185 in a stable state... gonna leave it be right now. still letting the unit cool so the battery door stops squeaking.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    time for bed now, but maybe ill give it a go later this week... ive got .185 in a stable state... gonna leave it be right now. still letting the unit cool so the battery door stops squeaking.
    You might wanna look into that battery door thing lol :P

  7. #7
    SGZrazberry's Avatar
    SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Posts
    488
    No probs on 190 on my second day now...try a battery pull and wait 30 b4 putting it back in...good luck
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  8. #8
    ozz007's Avatar
    ozz007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    249ECC39
    Posts
    4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ using .190 now only issue I see is bold having a hard time getting the network signal. It jups a lot from full bars to one bar.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Guys, lol lets please keep Beta discussions where they are supposed to happen to leave the forum clean

    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...6/index14.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •