First of all I am happy with my recent new acquisition - a BB 9000 ... BlackBerry Bold forum
Upgrading from BB8800 to a BB9000 Bold
First of all I am happy with my recent new acquisition - a BB 9000 Bold.
Having done the upgrade and transferred all my date from one to the other, I thought that I would share what I had done and which worked just fine.
I have had a BB800 for about 18 months or so and was very happy with it but had the opportunity to upgrade to a BB9000 which I took.
BB8800 - connected to my laptop using the usb cable with BB Desktop Manager installed on the PC. All connected up to sync with Outlook. All worked just fine and the Desktop Manager version that I had was the original version that came when I first received my BB8800.
Upgrading to a BB9000
- keep Sim in BB8800.
- install new Desktop Manager software which came with the BB9000. Beware, this will take quite a few minutes, perhaps 15 - 20 minutes or so. Also, it pauses sometimes and makes you think that it has frozen/crashed. It has not, just be patient and wait.
- connect BB8800 to PC
- select 'Device Switch Wizard' ( move data from one BB to another )
- Desktop Manager will load up all the data from your 8800
- Disconnect BB8800 from PC
- move SIM over from BB8800 to BB9000
- connect up BB9000 then select it to load up the data
- you will find that all your data including some ancillary stuff like speed-dials etc. transfers to your BB9000 - it all works!
I hope that this is of some help.
congratz on the purchase and thanks for sharing!
I'm also running an 8800 and will be switching to the Bold.
I am debating using the device switch wizard vs. reinstalling everything from scratch; however, it's nice to know it can be done smoothly.
Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.
Originally Posted by raphaelsamad
Great post! Very clear informative instructions. I'm sure this will help many people.
sent via BlackBerry
Tags for this Thread