Have found a few bugs with my BB (e.g. sometimes people can't hear me when ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Upgrading - few issues

Advertisement

Have found a few bugs with my BB (e.g. sometimes people can't hear me when I'm calling them - although I can hear them - and this only rights itself onces I've taken the battery out and waited endless amount of time for it to reboot).

So have finally braved a system upgrade to v4. 6.0.221 (Platform 4.0.0.186).

However, the reason I put off doing upgrades (or downloads) is that they often cause new/different problems.

I've now found that all entries in my BB calendar are now repeated twice or three times ! (not the case on Desktop Outlook).

Before doing the upgrade - had synced BB to outlook and all was fine. Then after the upgrade - did a one-way sync BACK to the device/BB only.

Could sort of understand if everything was duplicated as clearly the sync ADDED to the previous sync (although no idea why it did that) - but doubly-odd that some things are now in my BB in triplicate ! Gonna be fun clearing it all up and want to avoid it happening again. Any clues ?

Oh, by the way, my calendar on my BB was virtually empty before I did the upgrade and second sync as I'd accidently wiped all but my reoccuring events earlier today when I did a previous sync. Took hours of digging around on forums to realise that the reason for this was that the calendar setting in my BB was only set to 'keep events for 60 days' rather than 'forever' - therefore it had wiped everything off both my BB and Outlook going back further than 60 days so I've spent a further fun couple of hours retrieving it all from my deleted bin.

As you can see- it's been a fun Saturday so far ....

Any thoughts on whether this duplication / tripling is just an odd one-off due to my previous Outlook probs or has anyone else experienced this when doing an upgrade?

TIA
    SM

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    When you did the upgrade, DM should have done a backup of your phone, calendar included. When it finished upgrading the OS, it restored the information that you had already. When you did a sync with Outlook, it probably added duplicate entries. Also, you could be running into a problem with multiple calendars. Your Device Default and the Desktop. Found this a while back when a friend was having a similar problem.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 07-11-2009 at 02:59 PM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks, MStrawder, will look into this. Before you'd posted that link, I'd been through my BB and deleted all the doubles/triples, and am just hoping that when I sync it doesn't try to delete the single remaining entries on my Outlook .....

SM

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    DM has a set of options for conflict resolutions in the event it detects duplicate or conflicting events when doing a two-way sync. If you set it to ignore the conflicts, it will usually result in multiple entries appearing for the same event. I would check these first to avoid a similar problem from occuring.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS