Ok, so I am not new to this. I just updated my OS to Tmo's ... BlackBerry Bold forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Upgraded OS, lost most of my contacts!!!

Advertisement

Ok, so I am not new to this. I just updated my OS to Tmo's OS on their webpage (5.0.0.586) and now I have lost most of my contacts. I went back into Desktop Manager to upload my contacts from my back up files (as I always back up) and it shows the

Address Book - Last Used Hints 1, 2.17k

I had close to 600 contacts before and now Im down to only 121, what the hell happened!?! I've have open all of my past back up files and they all say the same thing.

Here is a print screen catpure of what it looks like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by harm_dzines; 05-19-2010 at 03:39 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    When you did the OS upgrade, did you do it through DM? Did you try the Loader backup to see if maybe the contacts are in that backup?

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    The contacts should be in the loader backup, do an advanced restore and select just your address book and you should be fine.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried going to the loader backup>advanced restore, I uploaded a screen capture to my original post for you to see

So you're saying that previous backups, even before this OS upgrade, show the same thing? No address book?

First, see if the problem is with the Device and its new OS, or with DM. Open DM without the device attached and go to Backup/Restore, Advanced, and then load a previous backup. If it is a backup that you trust and you know your 600 contacts were in it, but DM still does not show the Address Book database, then the problem is with your installation of DM. Uninstall, download a new 5.0 or 5.1 DM, and re-install.

If your Address Book appears normally in the backup file (with DM started without the device attached), then there was a problem with the installation of the 586 on your handheld. Re-install a different OS (I would suggest the 656 - it's pretty sharp!) and then attempt to reload your 600 entries froma previous backup.

Note: The "Address Book - Last Used Hints 1, 2.17k" that you saw is ligit. The Address Book database, if present, will list immediately above that line.

GL!! Keep us posted . . . . .

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You can also go to you tmobile account and check if your contacts are stored on there if so u can export them and lod the file to your BlackBerry® , before we talk about how to do it, if needed, let's see if they are there.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    You're sure there isn't a LoaderBackup-(yourdatehere).ipd in your my documents folder? Your screenshot says rubens backup, did you rename it?

preserve no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe some of the contacts are in the SIM card and not the phone.