Currently have unlocked but ATT branded Bold and wanted to upgrade to the Rogers .282 ... BlackBerry Bold forum

braeburn no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrade to Rogers .282 Problems

Advertisement

Currently have unlocked but ATT branded Bold and wanted to upgrade to the Rogers .282 version.

I DL'd the Rogers file direct from Blackberry, installed, and removed the vendor XML file in the APP loader.

Launch DM 4.7, it correctly sees the current .167 operating version as well as the the new OS available for update. I check off the new OS I want to upgrade to and the process starts. Then it abruptly quits and the window indicates that no updates are required for my device. I've tried this using DM 5.0 as well.

Clearly something is wrong with what I'm doing.

Device Info...
    V4.6.0.167 w/ platform 4.0.0.217.
    Branding Version 1.0.102.136

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    You could try the lastest version of DM....5.0...hope that helps.

No go on DM 5.0 either. I tried DM 5.0 before 4.7. When I first connected through DM it told me there were several updates available, language options and EMAIL Setup. On a whim I clicked email setup to see if that would go, same thing, it starts the process and then quits abruptly indicating that no updates are required for the device at this time.

Update. This thread: http://forums.pinstack.com/f342/software_update_required_device_grrr_os_update-106763/

Pointed the way, specifically the process of going into and right clicking in the apploader on the phone and selecting run as administrator, process started right away and finished up.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Connect your device to the PC, then go into the AppLoader folder and double-click the Loader executable. See if it'll install that way.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

The executable will have a little phone icon next to it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Doh! Posted at the same time you did, I guess. Glad you got it to work!