I have a problem and I am hoping that someone here may be able to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tyval no está en línea Stack level 1

Updating OS on bold using VMWARE Fusion

Advertisement

I have a problem and I am hoping that someone here may be able to help with a solution. I have a rogers bold, and I am trying to upgrade the OS to 5.x.x.x on it, and I have gotten an error 507 a few times. Now I know this is not unusual, but my problem is that if I try to update to .464 (bell mobility) or the latest Wind Hellas version (.507?? I think), it will stop and fail right after the it reboots, but when I try to use the rogers OS, it loads no problem. I have deleted the vendor.xml, wiped the blackberry, and tried everything I have read (battery pull, suspending the virtual machine until I get the 507 error) many, many times, to no avail. Has anyone else had an issue with upgrading a certain version, or maybe problems using fusion? Like I said before, I have used fusion many times to upgrade the OS on it, and nothing has changed recently. I can still load the 4.6.x.x version rogers has, but no other ones. Any suggestions?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I've never used vmware for an install. is that your only option available?

Well, I can access a pc, but I run macs mostly. I know it is possible, because i have loaded other OS' before, no problem. And after getting a 507 error, I reloaded my bold with the rogers 4.6 OS, not problem. Just annoying that I can't load OS5!

Well, I finally got it working. I am not totally sure what did it, but it was a combination of these things;

1. Disabled the mass storage in device manager. My blackberry would show 3 connections, 2 for mass storage, and the phone itself. I disabled them.

2. Loaded windows with the blackberry plugged in. I am sure I had done this before, so I am not leaning towards this.

3. Rebooted the Blackberry while connected. I made sure windows would not "detect new hardware" When it reboots, you can see the connection symbol change from a usb icon with a black box around it, to a usb icon with no box around it.

Hope this helps someone else.

3rdparty no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tyval View Post
    Well, I finally got it working. I am not totally sure what did it, but it was a combination of these things;

1. Disabled the mass storage in device manager. My blackberry would show 3 connections, 2 for mass storage, and the phone itself. I disabled them.
    Hope this helps someone else.
    Thanks very much - kept getting the 507 error when my BB would reboot, but disabling MASS STORAGE in Windows Device Manager finally allowed Windows (via VMware Fusion) to 'see' my Blackberry.

Much appreciated.