I just updated my Bold to .162 from the Rogers Blackberry Software site. The upgrade ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Question Updated to OS 4.6.0.162 -And now the fun begins

Advertisement

I just updated my Bold to .162 from the Rogers Blackberry Software site.

The upgrade went smoothly right up until the unit turned on after the update.

Even though I have the device set as undiscoverable in the Bluetooth settings, every single device in my house is trying to connect. I can barely get to the bluetooth menu to shut it down as every bluetooth headset, computer, blackberry etc in my house is trying to connect to it.

With all the passkey popups coming it is hard to do anything with the phone. I finally got it shut off, but I do use bluetooth with the Bold for my headset, so I need the bluetooth turned on.

If there isn't a reasonable explanation for this I am going to have to downgrade the O.S..... Hopefully that will fix the problem.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    that sounds pretty crazy...
    torched!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hmmm did you try a battery pull ? also the problem might not be coming from your bold more than from the other devices as the phone can't request for other devices to connect to it.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like a default option for Bluetooth got switched. Go to options, bluetooth, options and change the discoverable option to No (that's the default option).
    Merely have your Bold discover the other devices you want to pair with it.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    It is set to be undiscoverable, but everything is finding it. I have turned bluetooth off... I can live without it at home. I will just turn it on when I am using my earpiece. God help me if when I go to a restaurant with 50,000 phones with the bluetooth turned on... LoL
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

kevwarn no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having problems to but I cant downgrade please help