Now that I upgraded to 4.6.0.297 (Platform 4.0.0.247), I get the unread message indicator showing ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Unread message still displaying after upgrade?

Advertisement

Now that I upgraded to 4.6.0.297 (Platform 4.0.0.247), I get the unread message indicator showing up in the "message" folder, even though I already opened the message in the original email folder. Any ideas? Also, when I go to the message folder, there are no unread messages, however as soon as I open the folder, the indicator goes away.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Make sure you don't have any unread messages in a saved folder.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

berryrj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Hi! This happened to me two months ago when I upgraded the OS of my Berry 8900. The unread messages indicator won't disappear. I also add the same issue with the software upgrades indicator from the BB App World. I installed QuickPull and I simply reset the device. It worked fine, I hope it will work for you.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    There have been several threads on the unread msg indicator. I had it happen to me but when I updated the OS, it was no longer there.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    this is something that is happening to me too. I am using .297 (original att release). i was not having this issue when using .282 (rogers). Not sure if the new .297 still has this issue.
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

mbyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    Still happening here. Using 4.6.297 (517) - the original OTA update + a component re-update that was pushed last week. A "options - security - firewall - reset all counts" followed by a battery pull seems to help for a while (for reasons that I cannot seem to understand), but then it starts again.

Would love a fix to this.....
    Matthew
    BlackBerry9700
    AT&T
    OS 6.0.0.526

knoppe01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Make sure you do not have any missed calls logged - once I cleared those as well as what else has been described it went away