Wonder if anyone can help ... I have my 'unread email messages' icon showing two ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Unread message icon but no unread messages

Advertisement

Wonder if anyone can help ... I have my 'unread email messages' icon showing two unread messages, but there are no unread messages. I've tried re-booting several times but can't seem to clear it.

Have the latest OS.

Any ideas?

TIA
    SM

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sometimes this happens to me if I read an email by clicking the individuals account folders instead of the generic message folder. However, clicking on this message folder and then pressing the back button seems to get rid of the 'unread' asterisk. If that is not working then perhaps double checking to make sure all are marked as read, or resending service books might do the trick. As a last resort, you might want to just remove and re-add your email account from your device.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do you have any unread saved messages? Check your saved messages folder first before deleting and readding accounts.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Depends, I think, on the OS. I sometimes had the problem with .321 but now it's gone with the .423.
    But like ericaj suggests check saved msgs. There might be one there...

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Do you have any hidden email folders??
    Check your messages folder (the plain envelope icon), that displays all messages received.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Open any e-mail messages folder. Press the BB menu button, scroll to Search and select that. Once in, change Service to All Services, Folder to All Folders and press the BB menu button again. Scroll to Search and select. This will bring up all possible hiding places the offending messages might be in, including phone logs, text messages, BBMs, etc.

Hope this helps.....

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Brilliant ! Thanks all for the advice and a big thank you to RogerG for the handy search tip. Tried it and two sneaky little messages (one from BB and one from Orange) finally cropped up. Sent last week, when this started, but no idea where they were being stored.

ATB
    SM

nicolemarie no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the same problem but it says i have a bbm and i dont have any and ive tried to the search thnig but it didnt work

Nicole, did you make sure you changed the Folder option to ALL FOLDERS and Services to ALL SERVICES?

nicolemarie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Nicole, did you make sure you changed the Folder option to ALL FOLDERS and Services to ALL SERVICES?
    Yes but I had my bbm backed up so I just restored it.

Okay, cool.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    RogerG, you are the man....your trick worked like a charm for my bold..one question though...do I need to change the settings back to how they were or do I leave them set on all services and all folders? Thanks!!!

No, you don't need to change anything, Nova. It's just a search tool, so nothing that would effect the device.

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    Ok hopefully someone can help me, I have the message icon showing I have messages, when I click the short cut button there is nothing there, I am having to go into the menu, click on view folder and click on SMS in box and/or MMS in box to retrieve the messages! Help!! Done a battery pull! Oh and this didn't start until I downloaded the butterfly theme, which I have no deleted. I have the Tmo 8900.

SteveM93043 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I too have had the occassional problem with the outstanding Mail or SMS Text Icon being displayed. I just had it happen to me yesterday, as a matter of fact, with the outstanding Mail. Yes, I have been through my Berry everywhere looking for outstanding messages.

Ultimately, what I've done is to run "Quick Pull" and have it re-boot my Berry (you could do a battery pull too) and it forgives me of all of my sins and clears up the problems very easily.... It's worked every time that I've done it! Some how the OS just losses track of what you've opened and what you have not opened.