My work just sent me a brand new 9700, and i was wondering if it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

moosefist no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocking bold 9700???

Advertisement

My work just sent me a brand new 9700, and i was wondering if it is possible to unlock it with the MFI multiloader.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by moosefist View Post
    My work just sent me a brand new 9700, and i was wondering if it is possible to unlock it with the MFI multiloader.
    First, why you want to unlock your work BB? Secondly, go to ebay and buy a code, it should cost you no more than $5. BTW, I got my code about $2.30. Yes, it is two dollars and thirty cents and it worked.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    if you're on tmobile, they will give you the unlock code for free (once every 90 days is the max).

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Im on ATT and I got the code. However, I keep getting code error whenever I enter the code. Im really confused as this will be the 4th BB Ive had in 5 years and its the first one giving me unlocking issues.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Are you sure they gave you the unlock code and not the PUK code? If the unlock code is anything like the Tour, it is only 8 digits long not the usual 16.

Zo

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually, turns out they put the IMEI number in wrong in the system. No wonder I was having a hard time. However, now my other problem is because I bought it at full retail, they want me to fax in a copy of a receipt to prove how I bought it. Silly!

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    T-Mobile just put in the order to send out my unlock code to me by E-Mail along with the detailed instructions on how to put the code in the phone. How can you beat that. Companies are charging crazy amoounts of money for something you can get free of charge. What a country.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just purchased a code online for $2.09 and got back the unlock code! I followed the instructions and within 1 minute I was done! Spending $2.00 was easier than calling AT&T!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    And ot give the OP an answer, no is not possible.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    if you're on tmobile, they will give you the unlock code for free (once every 90 days is the max).
    This is very true of both T-Mobile and AT&T.

I've had no fewer than four of my BB's unlocked free thanks to AT&T and two thanks to T-Mobile.

As far as my baby bold / curve 9700, I didn't keep that one long enough to require unlocking.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    unlock code for $2? ebay?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I got mine unlocked for free and all in a couple of hours of requesting the code from my provider. I have unlocked all my phones and BBs this way.

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I called the ATT International line, told them i was going overseas, and got my code in about 5 minutes. I guess I got lucky as the last time I did this, it took two weeks to get am email.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jjames42 View Post
    I called the ATT International line, told them i was going overseas, and got my code in about 5 minutes. I guess I got lucky as the last time I did this, it took two weeks to get am email.
    I've had the same 5 minute experience for the last three years with AT&T, so I don't think it's so much that you got lucky. I believe that your past experiences were simply a reflection of the individual you were dealing with. AT&T is a massive company, not all employees will be stellar.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The days of paying for an unlock code to avoid dealing with your provider appears to be over. Just call your provider. Tmo gave it to me without question when I told them I am going overseas and I need to be able to use a pre-paid sim card. I guess they realized the contract was sufficient enough to keep you.