Hi all, I am perplexed with the memory on my BB as I try to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3

Understanding application memory on my BOLD

Advertisement

Hi all,

I am perplexed with the memory on my BB as I try to limit the amount of progs open and the memory still drains almost to 0 after a certain amount of time. Is it because of the amount of launchers I have installed ( they are not updating )or is just the OS like windows and it's memory leaks?

I am still on .162 with Rogers.

Thx

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    If you do not close each application after you're done with it, its still running in the background thus using up your battery. That could be one reason. Another is the amount of apps. How many do you have?
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Gosh I have a few but if they aren't running , I guess they still take up space, correct?
    So space and running progs hogs it
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

I just did a battery pull and started with 12 mb , not normal and I have the minimal apps running by default
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I had a Bold before this 8900, and that was the only drawback-app memory. I know a member who upgraded from .162 to .297 and she said it doubled her app memory, you may want to upgrade your OS.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    ^^ yep. That was me. When I upgraded my app memory did almost double. Another little bit of advice, make sure u clear ur event log daily. You can do this by pressing and holding down the alt key and pressing LGLG, it will bring up ur log event screen. Press the function key then press clear log. Make sure u clear ur cache, and if u have ur messages and call logs set to never auto-purge, clean them out as well. Do all these things, then pull ur battery. This should help. I'd also like to reccomend a couple of apps u might find useful. One is called quickpull. It simulates a battery pull without having to actually pull the battery. And u can set it to do this at a regular time every day, also, anothe app I really like is called Memory up Pro. This is like a recovery app. If ur like me, u like apps and games and what not. Same as with ur computer, if you delete off an app, it doesn't necessarily give u that space back. What Memory up Pro does is "defragments" ur phone and reallocates ur Ram. I love it. Well worth the purchase IMO. You can download a trial of MUP at www.mobihand.com and u can purchase quickpull from there as well. Hope this helps. Great question.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Thanks for them tips Kayhites... I do have the quickpull app but not scheduled.

I will certainly start clearing the logs and trying that memory app.
    It's my only quirk with this phone

I've tried the memory app and cleaned cache, logs and no improvement. Memory still low on boot up 12 Mb.
    Memory up didn't find any improvements to make either... strange.

Any ideas why?
    This must be because I have too many resident apps installed probably

P.S I see 25 MB in the memory app as free but in options I see 12 MB... why the discrepency ?