Whilst messing around with my Berry today, I found a really neat feature that I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Lightbulb Predictive Type an underrated feature

Advertisement

Whilst messing around with my Berry today, I found a really neat feature that I didn't even know this phone had (to be more specific, I have a 9700 with OS 5.0.0.415). I knew that Pearls and Storms have predictive input, but I was not aware that Predictive Type was available on this phone. I really think its helpful, now that I have been using it for the past few hours, and am glad that its so easily available. I have found that it not only speeds up my text entry, but also improves accuracy where I might miss a key here and there, since it knows the word, it just enters it without me having to spell/type the whole thing. Give it a go, I say! :-)

For those who want this activated on their Onyx, go to Options --> Language and Text Input --> then go to the Input Language heading and select Show Text Input Options button. From there, just enable Predictive Text with the given options you want. I set mine to learn words from all messages on the phone. Not sure how that could hurt me, but we'll see how it works out. Cheers!
    I'm a born again Androider

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Whilst messing around with my Berry today, I found a really neat feature that I didn't even know this phone had (to be more specific, I have a 9700 with OS 5.0.0.415). I knew that Pearls and Storms have predictive input, but I was not aware that Predictive Type was available on this phone. I really think its helpful, now that I have been using it for the past few hours, and am glad that its so easily available. I have found that it not only speeds up my text entry, but also improves accuracy where I might miss a key here and there, since it knows the word, it just enters it without me having to spell/type the whole thing. Give it a go, I say! :-)

For those who want this activated on their Onyx, go to Options --> Language and Text Input --> then go to the Input Language heading and select Show Text Input Options button. From there, just enable Predictive Text with the given options you want. I set mine to learn words from all messages on the phone. Not sure how that could hurt me, but we'll see how it works out. Cheers!
    Your choice is a good one, as it won't hurt you at all. About the only thing that you may find happening is that it stores words that you do not use that often. To resolve that issue just go into the word list and delete them.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Really is a a helpfull add -on.
    My word list has increased terribly - once in a while I have to check into the list and delete some words that are, also, incorrect.
    Otherwise it´s a great help when sending e mails and composing messages to send later.
    On almost the same subject, in the options menu, sms, I chose to have Auto-text set to OFF. Inadvertently I was sending messages (without first checking what I wrote), and the actual messsages sent weren´t what I had written... Auto text put in whole phrases for me that, really, made no sense. So be careful with this.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    it's nice if everyone who sends you emails spells correctly. my peers are horrible spellers.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    Thank You ! I miss the "sure type" days from my bar style BB's. Such a relief!

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I Loved my 7130c, after adapting to the Sure-Type, it was a great phone that I used for a year with great success.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quick update on this feature... I have used it for a day or two now, and I actually turned it off. Call my fingers spoiled, but using the Predictive Type requires pressing either the 'enter' key or the optical pad after each prediction, and it also always then automatically enters a space (which I dont always want)...

Not trying to be a d-bag about this, but it seems like I am doing a lot of enter pressing and back spacing since I turned the feature on... so, its off now. Oh well. :-)
    I'm a born again Androider