Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When those of you lucky enough to already have the Bold, I have a quick ... BlackBerry Bold forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Unboxing of the bold Question

Advertisement

When those of you lucky enough to already have the Bold, I have a quick question...Did they sell it to you sealed in the box or did the rep take it out, peel off the protective covers? I had this horrible experience once at ATT when I bought a Curve a few years ago - The rep took it out of the box, tore all the plastic off the device, slid it across his counter - I swear to you, he treted it like a hockey puck! If I can avoid it, I would like to request that, when I do buy one, they leave it sealed in the box. Is that too much to ask?

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    I got mine from a Rogers store, he opened a sealed box, took the bold out of its little plastic cover, and activated it, i never even set it down on the counter, he gave it striaght to my hands when he was done.

i belive it has to be taken out to be programmed, so they have to take i out im affraid

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by xaroc View Post
    I got mine from a Rogers store, he opened a sealed box, took the bold out of its little plastic cover, and activated it, i never even set it down on the counter, he gave it striaght to my hands when he was done.

i belive it has to be taken out to be programmed, so they have to take i out im affraid
    I had the same pleasant experience when I went from the 8100 to the 8120 on TMobile. The rep completed the purchase of the 8120, asked me for my 8100 to do the SIM swap, activated the 8120, and handed it back to me in the custom case I bought (Much smoother than when I switched from the 7105t to the 8100. That was a nightmare). All within an hour. Told me it would be up to 2 hours to activate the service but it was running in less than 1.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I usually do what these other stackers have encountered. But if they ask me to keep it sealed I do. Most die hard addicts ask you to not touch it so they can di-virginize it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I meant to say she gave me my 8100 back and put the 8120 in its new case before I left the store.

On the other hand, when I went from the 7105t to the 8100, I swear I spent 2 hours in the store while the rep got hung up on several times by customer support. She had to actually call and ask them if she was allowed to swap me to the 8100. My 7105t was broken (trackwheel died) and I wanted an alternative handset exchange to the 8100. At the time, my alternatives were another 7105t or a Dash. I haven't been back to that store due to that and another experience involving another device upgrade with that same rep. It depends on who you get.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    She set up the thing for me, including installation of the media card retrieved from my Curve. When I walked out of there I was up and running.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i buy and go... i say i have alll my onfo on my dm and i can do it myself when i get home.. ive never let or had a rep take it out of the box.. they dont need to set up anything for me.. and to be quite honest most of us know more about bbs then they do..
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I bought most of mine straight through customer service, so they came mailed to my home and sealed in the box.

I did buy my 8100 from the store and it was an upgrade, so they opened it to take the new sim card out.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    When those of you lucky enough to already have the Bold, I have a quick question...Did they sell it to you sealed in the box or did the rep take it out, peel off the protective covers? I had this horrible experience once at ATT when I bought a Curve a few years ago - The rep took it out of the box, tore all the plastic off the device, slid it across his counter - I swear to you, he treted it like a hockey puck! If I can avoid it, I would like to request that, when I do buy one, they leave it sealed in the box. Is that too much to ask?
    You need to only tell him/her to leave the phone in the box sealed.

I would have slid it back across the counter and tell them I wanted another sealed in the box. YOU are the customer and there is no excuse for this kind of rudeness.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    i buy and go... i say i have alll my onfo on my dm and i can do it myself when i get home.. ive never let or had a rep take it out of the box.. they dont need to set up anything for me.. and to be quite honest most of us know more about bbs then they do..
    The ring of truth, rings loudly in this post lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    when i sell one when i do i ask the person, some people want you to do everything some people will just take it home sealed.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tend to take my phones home sealed too. I find that getting everything set up is the best way for me to learn as much about it as I can.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    When your like me I never set a single phone on my counter top when selling it to the customer. I have a really soft mouse pad that I put the device on while I do the activation. I have never once had a customer get upset about that because I let them know what I'm doing with it. But we like the phones as much as any customer as well, that's why were in the business. My coworkers are all phone addicts I love to play with all of them. Lol

But definately don't let anyone treat your phone like crap.

EVER!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    She set up the thing for me, including installation of the media card retrieved from my Curve. When I walked out of there I was up and running.
    Addendum: Rep couldn't get battery cover off so she took it to supervisor to get it off. I don't know if they tweaked it getting it off, or it just came that way but cover isn't released when you depress release-have to try to pry off when depressing button, AND there's just enough play in it on L edge that it makes a sound that it shouldn't when depressingkeys on that side due to a fit that isne tight enough on the cover on that edge. I'll either be exchaning, or returning-due to browser.
    Anyway, seems cover/release flimsy-no good on this model.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188 View Post
    My coworkers are all phone addicts I love to play with all of them.
    be careful...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast