I recently bought a unlocked world edition AT&T 9700. I'm trying use the phone using ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Munya no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21DCCF11

Question Unable to Make Calls on 3G

Advertisement

I recently bought a unlocked world edition AT&T 9700. I'm trying use the phone using my rogers sim card, but I keep getting an error when I make calls on 3G. The error message says "SIM barred". Everything else works...BBM, SMS, Internet and I can also receive calls.

I have changed the sim card and put it a new one, but I keep getting the same error. I am able to make calls using 2G. Can anyone help me please.
    "Hereos are made and not born"

Is 3G available on the Rogers network at your location? If so, go to "Manage Connections", scroll down to "Network Mode" and make sure 3G is selected (the two selections are "2G" and "3G and 2G").

PIN/ID
    21DCCF11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Is 3G available on the Rogers network at your location? If so, go to "Manage Connections", scroll down to "Network Mode" and make sure 3G is selected (the two selections are "2G" and "3G and 2G").
    Mark....thanks for your reply. 3G is available with rogers and I did select it but it does not work. I ended up choosing 2G instead of 3G and 2G

What does it say next to the coverage indicator? (i.e. edge, EDGE, 3G, gprs, etc . . .)

PIN/ID
    21DCCF11
    It says 3G when I'm on 3G and EDGE when on 2G

Quote Originally Posted by Munya View Post
    It says 3G when I'm on 3G and EDGE when on 2G
    That's what it should say. I think your device is fine, it is set up properly and is recognizing the 3G network. That indicates to me that your problem is with the network. Your next step is to call Rogers

PIN/ID
    21DCCF11
    I am now able to make calls on 3G . The problem was not the sim card but the OS. I installed the OS 5.0.442 and all was fine .

Good news Munya, I'm glad it got straightened out!

PIN/ID
    21DCCF11
    Thanks a lot Mark.......I'm luving this devices now that all is fixed cheers