Hi, I have setup wifi connection on my bold 9000. But I am getting the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

achorera no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to find the requested server

Advertisement

Hi,

I have setup wifi connection on my bold 9000. But I am getting the error "Unable to find the requested server". I tried several solutions but unable to solve the problem.

Looked upon various forums as well but it hasnt helped.

Any suggestions?

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I won't be much help with this issue but I see no one has replied and I may be able to help you track down where the connection is not being made.
    Try going to the applications page and clicking on the Manage Connections icon. Select Services Status from the menu and scroll down to Wi-Fi Network. Does it show an active connection? (Should show Active Profile, SSID and Type)
    Let me know and we'll see where to go from here.

achorera no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Alryder,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked it. It shows active connection. SSID of my connection and type as 802.11b/g.

Kindly suggest.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK, that shows that you have a connection to your router.
    Try going to the same place and click the menu (blackberry) key and select Wi-Fi Options. Your profile name should be listed and next to your profile name there should be a black box with a green check that shows you are connected to the Blackberry Infrastructure and a green symbol that looks like somewhat like this (( ˄ )) that shows an active connection to your router.
    Let me know what you see there.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Check out Complete WiFi How-To, and scroll down to "Step 3 : Troubleshooting your WiFi Connection"

tsxganja no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by alryder View Post
    OK, that shows that you have a connection to your router.
    Try going to the same place and click the menu (blackberry) key and select Wi-Fi Options. Your profile name should be listed and next to your profile name there should be a black box with a green check that shows you are connected to the Blackberry Infrastructure and a green symbol that looks like somewhat like this (( ˄ )) that shows an active connection to your router.
    Let me know what you see there.

Yeah i have the same problem here but mines only show a black box with a white dash sign through it instead of a green check.