Hi, I've just activated the new Bold 9700 on my BES 5. All is fine ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Two inboxes on Bold 9700

Advertisement

Hi,

I've just activated the new Bold 9700 on my BES 5. All is fine but I've got two email inboxes!

One is called 'messages' the other is called 'Desktop'.

Why is this and how can I make it show just one inbox or have I got something wrong?

Thanks all.

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Here's a bit more info...

The 'Desktop' inbox has a globe below it too. I take it this is the personal email account inbox?

Thing is, I didn't set up a personal email account on it, purely the corporate email address.

Yet, when the corporate account recieves an email, it alos appears in this second icon. Any ideas please?

Thought this might help.

Thanks

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    the messages box is the default in box, no matter how many inboxes you have all messages default to that one. the one with the globe on it is the email icon for that account, so if you had multiple accounts, you can go to each of those icons w/globe on them and see just those emails. you can hide the one with the globe by having the icon highlighted, you then press the BB button and select hide. hope this helps
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    The icon labeled Desktop is your BES Message Inbox. This is a new feature with BES 5 and handheld software 5.0. It now separates the BES messages into its own message Inbos on the BlackBerry smartphone.

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Hi guys...

OK, so i've got two diffrent stories :-) Which inbox is the one I keep and which do I hide?

I've got a 'messages' inbox on my 8900 device that worksfine.

I did think the inbox with the globe, being the one labelled 'Desktop' was the inbox for any extra, non corporate accounts like gmail, hotmail etc?

Any more help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't have BES, but I believe the main icon that will contain everything is the Messages icon... open it, go to Options > Inbox Settings > does this list include your work email address??? If it does, that is the main one you want to keep and you can hide the Desktop one.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    All emails will go to the messages folder so basically you can hide the Desktop folder.