Is there anything that I can do to make the status LED not flash green/yellow ... BlackBerry Bold forum

UMTSBlackberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Turning off the status LED while charging

Advertisement

Is there anything that I can do to make the status LED not flash green/yellow while charging and turned off (or solid green while done charging).

I have auto-on/off turned on to save batter and to prevent calls after midnight.

However, if I charge the unit at night these status lights are ridiculously bright.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Why don't you put your phone in beside mode after you've plugged it in for charging? It doesn't flash at all when you're in bedside mode.

Go to the clock icon, then press the bb button and enter beside mode. (Make sure you exit beside mode in the morning or your LED won't flash.) To exit, press the bb button and click on 'exit bedside mode'. I find the light annoying at times, too. I think the bedside mode feature is awesome.

Additionally, while your phone is in bedside mode, it takes phones calls and whatnot, but your lights will still be dim and the only thing that will show is your clock. (Basically, people can still call like they normally do, but you don't get the red LED light indication.) But when you exit out of bedside mode, or are going to exit out of bedside mode, it will still show you your missed calls, if any.
    Last edited by Kyo0tdemon; 12-10-2008 at 03:54 AM.

UMTSBlackberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've tried that - the issue is that only works when the phone is on. If auto-off is enabled, and the phone turns off, then bedside mode doesn't matter - the charge light will flash.

Plus - the problem is this - I don't want the phone to ring (or to flash LEDs) from midnight to 6am. Auto-off solves the ring situation, but not the LED. The reason I cannot use bedside mode (automatically when charging) is because then, if head for bed at 10pm and plug in the phone then it goes to bedside mode immediately (not at midnight). This means I won't hear any calls that come in between heading to bed (at 10pm) and falling asleep (at midnight).

It would just be very nice if RIM had an option to turn off charging and charge-complete LED notification. Or they should do it on the screen with no backlight like iphone or other phones do. That LED can light up my whole room.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    What's bedside mode?

ican no está en línea Stack level 1
    when you charging ur bb (on stand by mode), bedside mode appear.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    What's bedside mode?

It's one of the new features on the Bold. It allows your bb to be in a "sleeping" mode. Basically, the lights are more dim and it's more or less, like a clock. It just shows the time (very dimly), turns off the blinking LED, and takes calls, without ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by ican View Post
    when you charging ur bb (on stand by mode), bedside mode appear.
    No, when you charge your bb, it's not in bedside mode. It's a still image. Try turning off your lights. Look at the charging mode (brighter lights). Then go to bedside mode. The lights are much more dim.

This thread may be helpful.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._screen-88216/
    Last edited by Kyo0tdemon; 12-23-2008 at 10:47 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    you can set the bb (at least you can on the 8220) to go into bedside mode when charging. what you are trying to accomplish takes two steps. 1) turn profile to quiet and 2) put bb on charger (after you have changed settings to put bb in bedside mode when charging)

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    My bold's bedside mode has the option of turning the radio off as well. So that meams no calls or texts

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    there ya go i have mine set to bedside mode when charging, but i change my profile to 'only calls' as i always figure if someone calls me in the middle of the night, its prolly pretty important ... just no sound for emails/bbm

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Just don't turn your device off when charging.

You can also toss your underwear on the device to keep from seeing the light!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

marcan1984 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244D5F94
    I cover mine up also but not with undies, I use a pillow.Because the light blinking does bother me at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Just don't turn your device off when charging.

You can also toss your underwear on the device to keep from seeing the light!

marcan1984 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244D5F94
    Can u do this with the 8320?
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    you can set the bb (at least you can on the 8220) to go into bedside mode when charging. what you are trying to accomplish takes two steps. 1) turn profile to quiet and 2) put bb on charger (after you have changed settings to put bb in bedside mode when charging)