I had to replace my 9700 and used the device transfer wizard in the BB ... BlackBerry Bold forum

pcbobsledder no está en línea Stack level 1

Transfered Device, it messed up Address Book, now can't sync

Advertisement

I had to replace my 9700 and used the device transfer wizard in the BB Desktop Manager. Everything went well except for the Address Book. For some reason all the names and numers are mixed up and I have multiple entries for the same person (original phone had 239 entries, now there are 452)

I created a backup before the transfer, but when I try to re-transfer the Address Book in the Advanced Restore the database is unavailable. Desktop Manager is saying, "Databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless syncronization or wireless backup and are read-only. You cannot restore or clear them."

What can I do? I need to restore my Address Book to what it was before. Also, what is wireless syncronization/backup?

Thanks

pcbobsledder no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok, figured it out, just had to turn off "Wireless Syncronization", then I was able to delete the address book and reload the backup copy.

Here is how you do that.

Go to Contacts, hit the BB key and select Options. Select your contact list, and turn "Wireless Synchronization" to No. Save the settings.