I'm noticing that the trackpad picks up the movement of my thumb even when I'm ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Trackpad Sensitivity

Advertisement

I'm noticing that the trackpad picks up the movement of my thumb even when I'm not actually touching the pad. I can hover my thumb approx 1/32" away from the pad and the curser will move and I hear the click. I have only had this device for 4 days and I haven't changed the default sensitivity setting (70). I have seen a few posts that refer to the trackpad sensitiviy but I havent seen anyone post what I'm experiencing.

Anybody else witness this??

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just tried it on mine and it won't move unless i'm touching it but it takes just the slightest touch. One thing to realize is the pad is optical, which you can clearly see by looking at it in bright light. So it kinda makes sense that it might work without you touching it fully. Not exactly sure how the optical tracking works, but i love the thing...so much better than the ball.

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks AJ. I thought I was just imagining it at first. Then I used my index finger and could move the curser back and forth like magic.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That bb's possessed
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    That bb's possessed
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    ...I say, static electricity ! That´s what makes it happen !

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorJud View Post
    Just tried it on mine and it won't move unless i'm touching it but it takes just the slightest touch. One thing to realize is the pad is optical, which you can clearly see by looking at it in bright light. So it kinda makes sense that it might work without you touching it fully. Not exactly sure how the optical tracking works, but i love the thing...so much better than the ball.
    I concur! The trackpad is WAY better!