My trackball will not go down at all. I was in the middle of a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Trackball help need soon please!!

Advertisement

My trackball will not go down at all. I was in the middle of a program and it just stopped working down. I still goes sideways. Did several battery pulls and still no go. This thing is just over 30 days old so is there any quick fix or is it time for AT&T to send a replacement????

shawnvictor no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well you automatically have a year on the warranty. So since the trackball housing is alil different than the older models. I'd take it in to the nearest AT&T store and have one of the techs there fix it for you.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    They closed the AT&T store here a couple of years ago

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've had mine just stop working and just kept messing with it and it would start working give it some time sometimes they get wet or pickup trash
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

shawnvictor no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow... Well the next to do is call AT&T and explain what's going on with your device. I'm sure they'll help you with your trackball issue.

Bennyguy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,
    Well recently I bought a few defective BB Bold's and built a working one out of them. But I noticed the design of the BB track ball to be strange as most will not be able to properly clean it as you risk voiding your warranty if you do (you have to completely disassemble it...). It should have been kinda like a PC mouse with a removable cover over the ball, as it would have been easier to regularly clean it.

The trackball has 4 small mini black rollers around it that move over 4 small censers in opposite directions. So if you are using alcohol to clean wait 5-10 minutes for it to evaporate before turning it back on, as there are lots of small resistors exposed under the trackball.

The Bold is a nice phone though.....
    Last edited by Bennyguy; 08-23-2009 at 01:46 AM.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Alcohol and electricity get along fine so no worry.

I have been using Blackberry for years and never had my trackball go bad and never clean it. Sometimes dust or debris gets into the area. Also try some compressed air.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL