I don't have my Bold yet, but I am planning on getting one as soon ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Trackball Cleaning method the same?

Advertisement

I don't have my Bold yet, but I am planning on getting one as soon as it is released by AT&T. In the mean time, I was wondering how easy it is to clean the trackball on the Bold. I have disassembled it before on my Pearl quite easily and it was very effective to clean it.

So, for those of you who have the Bold, have you attempted this yet? Is it just as easy as with the other BB trackball models?

I can't imagine many of you have needed to clean the trackball yet since most of the Bolds out there in use are probably in prime condition. But, I figured some might have been curious... either that or you don't clean that thumb thoroughly before scrolling away .

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ why are there three of the same post? When I cleaned my bold wheel, I would always take the little ball out of the silver ring and spray some air into the bb and the ball. I think that's the best method.

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    The Bold does not have a ring to remove. Unless I missed something very obvious, you need to disassemble the Bold to remove the trackball. I had issues with dirt in my trackball when i first received it. It did not go away after the first couple of days like I had hoped. Since I had already gone through the process of migrating several program keys to the new PIN, I had to clean it myself.
    Last edited by walterwt; 09-21-2008 at 02:19 PM.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I broke one of the pins on the outer ring cleaning the trackball. It still has a snug fit. Where can I get a new ring from for the pearl?
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by walterwt View Post
    The Bold does not have a ring to remove. Unless I missed something very obvious, you need to disassemble the Bold to remove the trackball. I had issues with dirt in my trackball when i first received it. It did not go away after the first couple of days like I had hoped. Since I had already gone through the process of migrating several program keys to the new PIN, I had to clean it myself.
    Hmm... that is exactly what I feared about the Bold. All well, as long as everything else with it is good, it certainly won't keep me from getting one when AT&T releases it.

@mDRagON
    A good place to get a replacecment trackball is www.cnn.cn. Note that you will need to keep and use your current retaining clip because it does not come with the replacement trackball.

*PS - Sorry to all for the multiple posts last night/this morning. In short, I clicked the submit button more than once because the page wasn't loading. I also ended up changing the title of the post to make it more detailed while waiting for the page to load before trying to submit it again. I didn't realize until azstar PM'd me that it ended up posting 5 times lol. Sorry!
    -> and thanks for the heads up azstar
    Last edited by Skier87; 09-21-2008 at 08:41 PM.