Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I was curious if anyone has something they use to clean it. I'm not ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

trackball cleaning

Advertisement

Ok, I was curious if anyone has something they use to clean it. I'm not talking about taking the whole device apart and the trackball out but something you have found to clean it while still in the device. Mine is getting a little dingy looking, not the bright white like when it was new.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Ok, I was curious if anyone has something they use to clean it. I'm not talking about taking the whole device apart and the trackball out but something you have found to clean it while still in the device. Mine is getting a little dingy looking, not the bright white like when it was new.
    I use a new micro-fiber cloth as they do not shed lint. I carefully moisten it just until it's damp with denatured alcohol. Then I scrub the trackball with medium pressure until I've covered the entire surface of the ball several times. By doing this once a week it keeps the ball from getting so dark in color. It's nearly impossible to keep it pure white as it was when new, but this method greatly slows the process. I began doing this after installing a new trackball in my 8310 Curve and for the 7 months prior to obtaining my Bold, it kept the Curves new trackball in very nice condition and operating smoothly. Oh and by the way denatured alcohol is available at any hardware or big box store like Home Depot.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I personally wipe down my Bold and it's case every morning with an alcohol wipe that's meant for lenses, LCDs, screens, etc. That includes running the wipe over the trackball a few times.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ^^Very good practices

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    wipes - windex, clorox, etc. - very gentle on the whole BB

And the winner for best care is: SSNXP....the crowd roars in approval ....

Brilliant !
    ~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    And the winner for best care is: SSNXP....the crowd roars in approval ....

Brilliant !
    Haha thanks! I actually think I may have a problem or something. I HATE how the plastic case I use feels dirty and oily after a day. Maybe it's just in my head, but I absolutely have to wipe down the phone and case every morning before I leave the house..

It may just be OCD, but it keeps my baby lookin shiny!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There is nothing wrong with OCD I think most of us have it.

niceone no está en línea Stack level 2
    hahahaha must be a bb thing cus i clean mine everyday too lol

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    There is nothing wrong with OCD I think most of us have it.
    What? Oh I see, so that's what's wrong with me... eh? Now if I only knew what that meant... Heh!
    *as I clean my display for the tenth time in five minutes* ......

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm actually comforted in knowing that there are others who also are diligent (I like that word better than obsessive) in the cleaning of their business tools. What the? Who stole my wipes?
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What? Oh I see, so that's what's wrong with me... eh? Now if I only knew what that meant... Heh!
    *as I clean my display for the tenth time in five minutes* ......

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Well, I used brake clean that we have here at the shop. With a little patience(15 min) I was able to restore the trackball to like new condition. ~via Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    I just try to keep the source of the dirt as clean as possible. (thumbs)

The screen I just wipe with an eyeglass cleaning cloth when it gets smudged.

Our London office sent over a Javelin for us to look at. We like it, except for that useless T-Mo service.
    The one subtle thing I noticed is the ball is black or dark grey to begin with.
    It was one of those "well why didn't they do that from the beginning?" moments.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWrangler View Post
    I just try to keep the source of the dirt as clean as possible. (thumbs)

The screen I just wipe with an eyeglass cleaning cloth when it gets smudged.

Our London office sent over a Javelin for us to look at. We like it, except for that useless T-Mo service.
    The one subtle thing I noticed is the ball is black or dark grey to begin with.
    It was one of those "well why didn't they do that from the beginning?" moments.
    Yea for sure, although I like the track ball white. I don't know how it looks dark grey or whatever. I cleaned mine today and it turned out nice an almost new looking. I will clean a liTtle bit more tomorrow, the screen I protect with fellows cut to fit screen protectors. I used these on my pearl and they are great my pearl would get to the point that you could barely read the screen do to so many scratches. Pull the protector off and no harm at all done to the screen. It would be perfect. I recommend these to everybody. $10 at walmart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast