Hi, I'm wondering, am I the only one or is someone else seeing the same ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3

Top-left screen "clicks" when pressed?

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm wondering, am I the only one or is someone else seeing the same thing on their Bold.

When I gently press the upper-left corner of the screen (the point close to the mute button on top) I can feel a slight "click" (hard to describe) as if the screen is not perfectly "glued" and is somewhat loose.
    When I press on the other corners they feel solid/no-click.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
    Ix.

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    I get the same. I've been trying not to go all OCD and try and fix it but its kind of annoying
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I experienced that on all three Bolds I had. I would encourage you to take it back as it will only get worse. I have a friend that just got his & it does not do it, so that proves its possible to get one that is OK.
    ~via BlackBerry 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I agree take it back if you can. Mine does not do that.

archer6, what do you mean by "it will only get worse"? did yours get worst/how?

From your experience, do I just go back to the at&t store I bought it from and ask for a replacement? no problems?

I just hope all the app vendors/developers won't give me any trouble for a new PIN registration keys request.

Thanks!

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine does not do that but I replaced the bezel on mine about a week or so ago, so perhaps I "fixed" whatever the issue was, if present.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
    archer6, what do you mean by "it will only get worse"? did yours get worst/how?

From your experience, do I just go back to the at&t store I bought it from and ask for a replacement? no problems?

I just hope all the app vendors/developers won't give me any trouble for a new PIN registration keys request.

Thanks!
    In only 5 days mine went from a click to being loose. To return it just go to the store that you purchased it from, show them the issue & tell them that you are there to exchange it for another new one. Unfortunately they may not be easy to deal with, its the nature of it. Just be calm, patience & matter of fact, you want it replaced. Ask for the manager if you need to. As far as your apps that's just a matter of submitting the new number, no problems.
    Via BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Mine does not do that but I replaced the bezel on mine ~
    Why replace the bezel?

Vi BlackBerry

archer6, thanks for the info.
    So you went in 3 times to replace and all 3 had this issue?
    I guess I will have to check the phone before I leave the store this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
    So you went in 3 times to replace and all 3 had this issue?
    ~
    The first one I purchased from Rogers in Canada. That one I did not attempt to seek recourse as it was just too much trouble. The two that came from AT&T were returned. Since I've bought more that 15 BlackBerrys from AT&T & had 5 which needed to be returned I have some experience in this area & know what needs to be said to get it done. That's why I gave you the suggestion to bring lots of patience, be matter of fact, don't take no, and once that see they cannot brush you off, you will walk out with a new one. Remind them of how much money you spend with them every month. You are the customer & its their job to satisfy you.
    Cheers
    Via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Why replace the bezel?

Vi BlackBerry
    im guessing to make it black

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    im guessing to make it black
    I must have missed that. I saw a picture of an all black Bold, but didn't realize they were selling the parts. Did you change yours?
    Via BlackBerry

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    seeing your post, i grabbed my bold and i was pressing with substantial force all around the edges of the screen as well as the outer shell, and i couldnt get a single creeking sound or clicking sound what so ever.

I have a question for all you people with clicking and creeking sounds. Take out your battery , Dose it say made in Canada on the sticker? mine dose, mine has never givin me a single problem

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    if your willing to post where you live ,and where your Phone is made , please post at my other thread

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._for_me-92846/

im very interested , im sure there might be a few others who are too

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I must have missed that. I saw a picture of an all black Bold, but didn't realize they were selling the parts. Did you change yours?
    Via BlackBerry
    I ordered the part from cnn but never got it. I know a couple people here did it. It looks quite appealing i must say.