Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I got my Curve in Nov and LOVE it! I am debating on upgrading ... BlackBerry Bold forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

To buy or not to buy...

Advertisement

Ok, I got my Curve in Nov and LOVE it! I am debating on upgrading to the Bold, whenever it is released but am unsure. I know it is faster and all but the Curve is already big enough for me and I am afraid the Bold will be too big for me. Plus the closest 3G to me is 2hrs away!

So basically, is it really worth upgrading? Hubby so no but he doesn't see my desire to upgrade to the new stuff each year. LOL

What are the BIG selling points of upgrading from the Curve to the Bold? I have read the Curve is actually sturdier, not that I am hard on my phones but I don't want something "cheap" either.

Opinions away!!!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

SDU_Eric no está en línea Stack level 3
    IMO, wait for the phone to be in the market for at least 3 months after some bugs have been fixed, and read some of the issues people are reporting before making an informed decision (ya I learned my lesson when I jumped the boat on the iPhone 3G on the first day X_X).

As for upgrading your Curve to a Bold... well I do believe in upgrading for a new phone once a year, but if you don't have 3G most of the time... are you a heavy web browser on your BB? If not, it wouldn't affect you too much.

Wait till Nov and read what other users are reporting about the phone then make a decision of Curve or Bold, that would be my take. By Nov/Dec, there may even be some promos on for Xmas to get the Bold for cheaper
    Last edited by SDU_Eric; 08-15-2008 at 04:17 PM.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Good suggestion! Thanks!

And no, I am not a heavy web browser. I mostly use my Curve for Email and MSN now that hubby is deployed.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

webcash no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2523669d
    I would also say wait and see.Over here in the UK 3g is much more widespread.Whilst it is very good and has a lot of benefits there are also downsides.For example batterylife is generally significantly inferior.How much do you use it and are you near a power supply often enough not to make this an issue.Likewise the main benefits are the 3g and if you do not have the 3g coverage are you paying for stuff you simply dont need.

Just my 2 cents

Peter

(P.S I know how you feel though and i would be busting a gut to get the newest phone also hehe)
    Home of the Berrygirls
    News chat and Berrygirls Galore

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    AT&T let's you buy and try (I don't remember how many days). If you don't like the the bold you can return it (undamaged), get your money back, and have your service set back to your curve. And who knows, you may decide to keep the Bold.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Any fishers here know that when fishing for big game fish, you want shiny, sleek, fast moving bait.

I know of someone that was fishing on the lake, and heading back to the dock. His son tossed out a spinner and was trolling it behind the boat. The kid hooked the biggest fish of the day.

When they cleaned the fish that evening, they found the kid's fish was literally stuffed to the gills from feeding. If it was stuffed, why did it take the lure?

A naturalist answered the question. Fish feed instinctively. If a fish is full and a slow moving prey comes poking along, it may mouth it and just let it go. But, whiz a shiny, unidentifiable object by and high speed, and the brain tells the fish, "Dude, there's some food, get it before it gets away!".

Something similar happens with whatever shiny, sleek things we personally are attracted to. "If this BlackBerry is good, the newer model must be even better!".

Anyone identifying with this so far (my hand is raised)?

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    AT&T let's you buy and try (I don't remember how many days). If you don't like the the bold you can return it (undamaged), get your money back, and have your service set back to your curve. And who knows, you may decide to keep the Bold.
    I believe you have 30 days to return the phone if you don't like it.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think that if you already like the Curve, you should stick with it. Besides, if you already have your BB set up for use with your hubby, you should just keep it as is. I understand how you may feel the urge to keep up with BB's, but it's completely up to you. The Bold is going to be awesome for those who have 3G coverage, but if you're going to buy it and not be able to use 3G, there really isn't a point for you to get it. You could just get the Thunder.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks!!! That is my thinking about the 3G aspect but wasn't sure if there was anything else really worth it!

I guess I will just stick my Curve and buy the pink housing like I planned, thus like getting a new phone. LOL
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I believe you have 30 days to return the phone if you don't like it.
    Yeah, I believe that is correct. Either way, I've been bitten by the "Bold Bug" and plan on dropping the dough to get one.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Choices... Always hard when times come to upgrade. I just wish that you make a good choice, if you feel you made a wrong choice you can always take it back, right? Good luck. Let us know what you decide. Take care. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm floating in the same boat here as I'm sure many bb owners are. I would love to have the bold because it's the latest. Then there is my 8820 which is a more than adequate bb. So why fix what isn't broken not to mention plopping down the bucks for a bold? Ahhhhhh......decisions...decisions

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I'm in the same boat, must be a huge boat, get the bold or not. I am a heavy web user 200mb to 300mb a month. I really don't want a phone bigger than my curve but love the spec of the bold, 3G Wifi and GPS.
    I really am torn and don't know what to do.

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~based on your use stay with the Curve. I don't think you will find the upgrade worth it. Even if you had 3G in your area email will only run as fast as you type it and read it. The Curve as a phone rocks and will hold out longer for you as the Bold drops in price. Get a new case and maybe a game to play on it.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I may wait also, I like the Bold the reservation I have is that when the 8800 came out it wasn't long after that the 8820 came out. Let AT&T get what ever problems it may have worked out in the mean time I will hang on the my 8310. Who knows RIM may come out with a newer model after the first of the year. I just like new gadgets. My two cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast